Pumpkin House

smjsome

Found this pumpkin in the basement while cleaning. It's amazing what I found down there! I only have three houses going, haha, so why not!

It cut open very easily, but those curvy walls are really the worst!

Having trouble with posting my pictures, so here is the gallery

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&album=6998

• Like 2

I did this 1:12 scale pumpkin a few years ago, it is more round than tall but I loved working on it. Then I make the Bark to go next to it, it was a challenge build.

Sorry the links would not copy here, in my Gallery they are Peter Pumpkin's Produce and Peter Piper's Pickled Peppers..

Sorry the links would not copy here, in my Gallery they are Peter Pumpkin's Produce and Peter Piper's Pickled Peppers..

Got the links for you Dawn.

Peter Piper's Pickled Peppers

Peter Pumpkin's Produce

I always loved those two. Thanks for bringing them up again.

• Like 1

I have basically 1 day left and that's where I'll be before halloween, and Ned slipped in behind my back. When I pulled him out, he made a mad dash back in and sent it across the room. Luckily only minor repairs needed

post-14520-0-41726600-1413044192_thumb.j

post-14520-0-64597200-1413044227_thumb.j

• 11 months later...

My Pumpkin house is finished.  Well, I'm already thinking of some changes.  When I have better light I will take some close ups.

the best part of it all, most of to came from Goodwill Outlet (price up to .89 cents a pound) and junk stores.  

The green couch was a terrible legless wonder, and I used green fabric from the GO to recover it.  It's little legs came from the back end of the stove (from Kathies garage sale, - she who said, it's all smoke and mirrors, so I knew she understand when I stood there over the saw, and said, go for it, just curve off a chunk, it'll be fine!) I had to curve a chunk off the back to fit it to the wall of the pumpkin.  I reused those two legs to make front legs of the couch.

most of the lights I reworked battery lights, since I put it on a lazy Susan, and I didn't want wires.  It's my first real attempt at, can I make it myself, only a few items were not fm my hint of broken furniture.  The chandelier is a Xmas ornament I was given, glued on some beads, and I love it.

potion bottles, most from dollar tree.  I cut small chunk off of branches for the stoppers.

So much, it was fun.

The pumpkin house is gorgeous, did I miss what kind of material the pumpkin itself was made of? Over here we are starting to see the regular pumpkin one can pick, but no such neat ones to build dwellings from...

Thank you fo rsharing your inspiring build with us!

Hugs

Thank you!  I'm so happy with it and you guys are so great - I get so I any ideas here

It's one of those fun pumpkins, some sort of styrofoam, but very dense - I think.  I think my husband bought it to use on the front porch, I t was in a clearance bin.  Well, he left for Afghanistan and I started cleaning out the house.  It was behind a bunch of stuff in the basement, and as I pulled the stuff away, I saw it and saw the house it would be.  

I used an electric saw and cut out the opening, it cut like butter.

I believe they're called "funkins", Anna. They sell them all the time in craft stores like Michaels and Jo Ann's here in the US.

I will keep looking for those then, over here it might take a while prior to things like that making its appereance. Halloween isn't celebrated with the pumpkins as much but pumpkins ar certainly making more and more autumnal decore here and there so who knows huh?

The craft stores might carry terracotta clay candle holders that one can paint and decorate etc etc but nothing much.

(Kitchen) witches are more of an Estern appereance too not so much a fall occurrance.

Hugs