Fairfield shingles

Skittiescat

You guys probably already know this but it was a discovery for me so I thought I'd share.

I'm working on the Fairfield which I want to feel like a Victorian house that is lived in a later era. I bought a bag of Houseworks 1/2 inch scale shingles, the "fishscale" type for exterior decoration and realised that they are the exact same size as the tip of a popsicle (or craft) stick!

Call me frugal (ahem...cheap :ohyeah: ) but it made me really happy to know that I could make my own shingles! :welcome:

Great tip, Krista, but aren't they awfully thick for 1:24? On the other hand, you could use one as a pattern to make card or sandpaper shingles.

I've been collecting pinecones to try for the 1:24 Fantasy Villa shingles.

Well I think they would be too thick for the roof for sure, but they are perfect (imho :w00t: ) for the decoration thingie I'm trying out.

For reference, the shingles are 1mm and the sticks are 2mm. Err, I don't know what that is in inches (very small !?! :lol: ).