Bespaq

WyckedWood

Received this email and wasn't sure if everyone knew about the Bespaq outlet store (great deals) but it looks like they are converging it with another open to the public website. Thought this might be of interest.

Dear Bespaq Friends,

We have very exciting news for you!!!

For nearly 30 years, Bespaq has been a wholesale only business, selling its top quality line of miniature furniture only thru authorized dealers.

That is about to change. We have launched a brand new website which is open to the public, and has our newest items as well as many of our best selling favorites. Anyone can purchase at this website. We will be adding additional merchandise weekly so we encourage you to visit often.

Additionally, to streamline our order fulfillment departmentt, we have moved the Bargain Outlet site and incorporated it into its own section on the new website. So now you can shop for the bargains and the very newest designs all in one place.

Bespaq still values its wonderful dealers and we encourage you to shop with them at every opportunity. To that end, we have also included on our new website a discount coupon that you can print out and use with your local Bespaq dealer, either in store or online. The coupon entitles you to a 10% discount on Bespaq purchases thru our dealers. It is not valid on our own website. Bespaq is reimbursing your dealer for your savings as our way of encouraging you to shop with them whenever possible. However, if you do not have a local dealer, or are unable to find the items you want locally, we are happy to meet your needs at our new website.

Note, if you have recently registered at the old bargain outlet site, you may find that you need to re-register at the new site.

Please visit soon and see the newest collections!

www.bespaqcorp.com

• Like 3

Thanks for letting us know. I've never purchased any before but I'm definitely going to go take a look.

I slow on the furnishing side of things cuz I can't make up my mind on the building décor, etc.

I just did a quick look around the site but did not see any unfinished pieces. I bought an unfinished Bespaq armoire at Ron's in Orlando that I'm looking forward to finishing for the Beacon Hill.

With the bad economy, sales of Bespaq miniatures have been very slow. I won't go into details, but a lot of store owners, both brick and mortar and online, are very upset that Bespaq has decided to go retail. That's the reason I'm trying to sell off my huge stock of Bespaq, just to try and get back the thousands of dollars my business has invested in it.

• Like 1

With the bad economy, sales of Bespaq miniatures have been very slow. I won't go into details, but a lot of store owners, both brick and mortar and online, are very upset that Bespaq has decided to go retail. That's the reason I'm trying to sell off my huge stock of Bespaq, just to try and get back the thousands of dollars my business has invested in it.

I've never been able to afford it, but if I could I'd be getting it from you, Grazhe. I noticed their site is offering a 10% off downloadable coupon for visiting a dealer.

I have no brick and mortar shops that carry Bespaq anywhere near me, the closest would be Colorado, two days drive away. When I worked at a shop in Ca I learned to appreciate the difference between the finer furniture and the clunky stuff and was lucky to get a huge discount on Bespaq, that was the only way I could afford to fill my Beacon Hill with so much of it. I would LOVE more unfinished options, not a fan of the glossy mahogany finish.

• Like 1

I have been collecting Bespaq for many, many years. I have over 500 pieces - obviously a big fan. Personally, I have not been happy with what they have been producing since Pit's passing whether that has anything to do with their sales or not.

Looking for unfinished Bespaq, check out Mountain Miniatures they have a ton of it.

• Like 1

When I bought the little sofa they had on eBay, it was marketed as one of the new "basic" line. Personally, I was delighted with the sofa because the color was exactly what I was looking for and I got it for only $10. While I'm happy to see a basic line because most of their stuff is way too fancy for me, I'm wondering if there really is a basic line or if they're trying to recoup some losses as well. Things are tough for everyone these days and when the buying public is hit, so are the merchants. I hope miniatures can pick up again and be like it was in the 80s.

They used to have a line called Bespaq Basic, which had simpler designs. I have one or two of those old catalogs. Bespaq is selling off lots of old pieces on the outlet site. As a matter of fact, they're selling some pieces for less than the retailers had to pay for them.

I don't know...I checked out the site yesterday and I sure didn't find anything I could afford. Or anything I really wanted, aside from a trestle table and I plan on getting a table from HBS. That one is a little fancier than the regular trestle tables, but still with simple, plain lines and not totally gussied up like the Bespaq stuff. And I suppose this means I won't be able to sell the old bedroom set so I can buy the honeymoon table and chairs, which, of course, are nowhere to be found anywhere anyway. *sigh*

It has to be difficult putting all that money into a line of furniture and then not being able to sell it for a profit, and then find out the company is undercutting you. Do you think they would buy the furniture back at a decent price?

And I suppose this means I won't be able to sell the old bedroom set so I can buy the honeymoon table and chairs, which, of course, are nowhere to be found anywhere anyway. *sigh*

I have been looking for that set in half scale (in the green) recently and spotted it in 1" scale on a couple of online retailer sites. I believe there is also a set on ebay or at least there was within the past week or two. So don't give up hope.

Kelly, the Bespaq rep told me earlier this year that he was told they would be bringing the Honeymoon Cottage set back, but they had no idea when. Do not buy some pieces, hoping to get the rest of the set later in case they make them again. The owner of Bespaq admitted to me that he couldn't guarantee the paint colors would be exactly the same. The shades might differ.

• Like 1

I agree. I think Bespaq is shooting themselves in the foot here. They have also started to limit who they wholesale to. Many "eBay only" miniature sellers will no longer be able to buy Bespaq. There are several other eBayers that have been cut off due to violating Bespaq's fair trade policy (selling too low).

Now that they sell to anyone, I have decided to take my Bespaq budget and invest it into a couple of new quarter scale companies (new to me) and more building supplies. There is no need for me to carry Bespaq if you can buy it directly from their site. I never sold that much of it anyway and I feel for Grazhina and others that are looking to dump inventory.

There were some Bespaq sellers on ebay who had terrible feedback, customers not receiving orders at all or receiving damaged goods. When their feedback gets bad enough they open a new store, some had two or three shops going under different names. I hope they weeded them out.

In case you had the money now, I found the cottage furniture on a couple of sites:

http://miniaturedesigns.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_29&products_id=34965 (also the green set available)

http://www.dollhouseminiatures.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=31_157&products_id=6426 (this is just the hutch but they had other pieces available too).

Kelly, the Bespaq rep told me earlier this year that he was told they would be bringing the Honeymoon Cottage set back, but they had no idea when. Do not buy some pieces, hoping to get the rest of the set later in case they make them again. The owner of Bespaq admitted to me that he couldn't guarantee the paint colors would be exactly the same. The shades might differ.

Thank you, I'll keep an eye out. But I really want just the table and two chairs. Nothing else. And I had planned to paint over the current paint job because I want a set in white.

Which reminds me, a while back on eBay I saw a honeymoon cottage table that was stained, not painted, and for a very reasonable price. As I had no money at the time, I couldn't buy it, but I did wonder if it's an older piece that might just show up again. I really liked it much better than the painted ones.

I have wanted that honeymoon cottage set since I first laid my eyes on it in 1983. I couldn't afford it then and can't now, but I did just see it on ebay last week for three hundred something, which was less than the one I saw in 1983 for four hundred something. Maybe if I put it on layaway for ten years....