Hey fellow mini artists. I'm happy to find you all.

Hi everyone. I'm happy to be here. Little bit 'bout me... I've been a miniature enthusiast since I was knee high to a cricket. Humble beginnings started with an aunt who had a large suit case full of plastic dollhouse furniture for me to play with on her dining room table. I've been a miniature bear artist for years, and enjoy all scales of miniatures - 1/144th to 1". I've built a few houses and room boxes but when it comes to electricity and many other things - I get ghost white and run away intimidated, thus the little bears I create have yet to know what electricity is like or other modern conveniences in their homes. I live in the PNW but have been a member of many clubs around the country and I'm an active name member. I've been out of miniatures for a bit and am happily returning with my head spinning joyfully, full of creative ideas to make and do. I just have to add: I went to visit my adult daughter recently and found her the most gorgeous light pink, custom made, two story, miniature house. I'm so excited for her to get lost in her imagination in her new little home.

• Like 3

Hi Sue! Your avatar is amazing, too! I can't wait to see pictures of your miniatures. I'm always astounded by people who venture all the way into the teenieweenie scale, so I'm especially looking forward to seeing your work. Welcome to the forum!!

Welcome to the forum Sue!

When I started to build my first miniature, a scratch built Victorian, I was intimidated by the idea of electrifying it, but I didn't want to build such a nice house without it. I made the mistake of over complicating it and spent too much time researching wiring, voltages, etc., before finding out that there is already wiring, transformers and pretty much everything you need to electrify a dollhouse several ways, available from more than one mini company.

Deb, I may be mistaken, but I think it means Pacific North West.

Hi and welcome to the forum, I too am scared of electricity so we have that in common but I did vow to one day electrify a house (my sister in law's husband wants me to build one for them so that will be the one I bite the bullet on ..so to speak)anyway I cant wait to see your bears they sound very interesting :)

Welcome to our little family, Sue! My eyesight and hand dexterity isn't good enough for teenieweenie, but it always amazes me! Looking forward to seeing your mini art! And no worries about those exclamation points- minis are exciting! :D

Where in the PNW are you? We do have a number of talented members from there. My daughter and her hubby have lived in Vancouver, WA for 5 years while she was going to seminary. They are moving back to the East Coast in about a week. While I am glad to have them back, I will miss visiting out there.