A Fred Penner Halloween.

me-barbie

So, last night a tabby and white cat was out trick or treating (for tuna perhaps?) He walked into my house when I opened the door to a group of human trick or treaters, much to the amusement of me and my company.

He sniffed around, seemed quite at home but left with the next group of trick or treaters.

I went to bed around 11, but woke up at 4 as Ye Olde Call of Nature was indicating the copious amounts of tea I had drunk had to be dealt with. After taking care of business, I went back to bed,

Only to hear a soft, persistent repetitive sound (I still have my bedroom window cracked open). I went downstairs to investigate. And......Yup.

The Cat Came Back.

He wanted in for a warm, some skritches and some pets. He plopped himself on my chair and made biscuits on my leg, all the while purring loudly and looking up at me with adoration. He stayed long enough to both throughly wake me up and trigger my alas severe allergy to cats. Then he asked to be let back out.

Oh, I know I could have ignored him, but he would have kept me up serenading me with the songs of his people. He hasn't come back so hopefully he found his way back home,.

• Like 5

I grew up in River Heights, in Winnipeg. Mr Penner lived a few blocks away. I remember when my niece and nephew were little and playing in the front yard, and he walked by with his dog. The kids were gobsmacked "FRED PENNER!!!!!!"

He stopped and talked with them. A delightful and gracious man.

This was such a sweet story but reminds me how unfair life can be sometimes-I don't have cat allergies and adore cats but live in a no pet rental trailer. :( You were a real sweetheart,Barb,to let that furbaby have such a sweet moment with you! And I love the term 'making biscuits' on your leg! I had never heard of Fred Penner either,but he is just a doll in that video Kathie posted! What a fun fellow! :)

• Like 1

I have a friend who recently moved into a new house. Previous owners moved almost an hour away. One day a cat showed up and demanded to be let in and made herself at home. The previous owners showed up 2 days later to check. She was theirs. The cat has since been back 3 times. My friend is hoping they quit coming to get her as they have fallen in love with her and she obviously wants to live in THAT house. Lol.

Well, I know "Fred" has never lived here, as I have been in this townhouse 15 yrs and it is a no pet complex, lol. Otherwise I might have said allergies be dammed, "Fred" could have stayed.

But it's Nov 2 and no sign of him, so I am going to think St Francis got him home safe. A declawed cat outdoors is at terrible risk.

• Like 1

that happened to me once, I had gone shopping and was taking groceries into the house when I heard a little meow..a small kitten had found it's way to our home..I picked him up and he fell asleep in my hand... he was such a little scamp....he passed away 7 months later..I miss him very much

Barbara I think it is awfully sweet of you to let the cat in despite of your allergies.

that shows a good heart.

while I was reading your post a disney tune started playing in my head :) but thats because I am daft sometimes :) :)