Greetings, y'all!

Welcome to the GL family. Congrats on finishing your first house, although in my experience, none of them are ever truly finished. We keep on dabbling and fiddling and tweaking them forever - unless, of course, you give it away or sell it.

As you, no doubt, have figured out already, we are all eye candy junkies. As soon as you have posted 5 times you can start an album. Beside feeding our eye candy problem, most of us have found it's a great way to keep track of a build. Often we forget how we did something and it's nice to have a go-to place to remind yourself. It's also a great way to teach and learn from others ideas as well.

Look forward to seeing you around the forum.

• Like 1

Welcome to the little family. I went to school with a girl named bunny, her "real" name was Marie. When you have made five posts you can make an album in the gallery here for your Orchid. There are two building blogs for the Orchid, and an album (in addition to our individual galleries) of photos of the White Orchid, a limited production run of that kit in plastic.

Hi Bunny, and welcome. Your "poor little house" looks pretty good to me. All it really needs is a little TLC, and it looks like it got plenty of that.

Please don't be intimidated by other members pictures. I have seen so much talent and craftsmanship on this site, but every house is unique in its own right, and we never get tired of viewing someone else's work. We all have a lot to share, and I am hoping you will add to the gallery soon.

• Like 1

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I had so much fun building this house. I've been browsing around the gallery; my goodness aren't there's a lot of talented people 'round these parts? :) I've finished the shingling on my house. It's not perfect, but she's mine and I love her. :) Looking forward to getting to know the community. I've already got my next three hours picked out! My eyes are currently roving the McKinley... I have the PERFECT space on my wall for it...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bunny!

First off, I always love to "meet" someone else who uses "y'all", and second, I LOVE your avatar!! So cute, I just want to squish it (in the nicest possible way, of course)!!

I love the Orchid, and also love the way you've built yours! I have one in a box under another house (ahem) myself, so I'll get to it one day. Yours seems very cozy and homey, and I love the bunnies that have moved in. Is the small room on the second floor covered with wallpaper or more decoupage? I really like it.

Glad you're here!! :welcome:

Hi Bunny--

I will echo what others have said here. There are several different levels of talent here. There are also some great ideas for any interior or exterior design you might be thinking about.

Welcome to our little world!