So Am I Crazy? San Franciscan 555

sisvicki

Thanks for link, Kathi, all help is appreciated, I'm pretty certain the longframe assemblies aren't all there, either. 

Since I won't have siding walls, I'm wondering how to finish the outside, the siding really makes the kit charming.  Leaning towards making this a Halloween dollhouse, and using a shabby brick or stone exterior.  I've never been very good at crafting cute.

• Like 1

Vicki, I don't think you need to order the plywood - Home Depot sells large sheets of 1/8 (or 3mm) plywood sheets in 4*8' - for really cheap. Have your husband pick up a flat one and cut those things out. The left-overs will be used - trust me......

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 6 years later...

This is a super old thread but I think this is the next house I’m building. Duracraft San Franciscan 555 kit I got last year for $19! Hoping all the parts are here. Instructions are missing but available online. I’m so glad to have all of your experience to reference! Thank you!!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 7/1/2016 at 10:46 AM, thresadep said:

I'm doing this dollhouse. If anyone needs  instructions or info on this let me know. I have a few tips I can share too. 

I am looking for replacements parts or instructions on how to make a replacements part for the hand railings for the front porch steps. Can you help me please? Thank you!

On 7/17/2023 at 7:54 PM, HaleyCupp123 said:

I am looking for replacements parts or instructions on how to make a replacements part for the hand railings for the front porch steps. Can you help me please? Thank you!

It probably would be easier buy new railings for the porch and balcony that match rather than trying to find replacements for the original.

Just Google Dollhouse porch railings and a ton of shops come up, even Amazon. You will just have to cut them down to size so, buy extra.

https://earthntree.com/miniatures/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=72_75