Taps is back!

Deb

Wooohoooo! Taps season premiere is on tonight! Yay! I'm not big on watching tv, but I do like that show. And it's the perfect night for it...............it's chilly with a nip of frost in the air, the leaves are clattering against the window and there's a rustle of wind once in awhile.

Gotta go. It's coming on in just a few.

Deb

The name of the show is Ghost Hunters and it's on SciFi. Taps is the name of the paranormal investigative company. They base their investigations on scientific proof and there's no real hype involved in it. They go in with the purpose of scientifically disproving possible causes for occurances. They never say if it's paranormal for sure, but they rule out scientific possibilities. It's really fascinating to watch.

The premiere tonight is in Tombstone Az. That's one of my old playgrounds as a kid and I know from experience it's a hot bed of spirit activity.

Commercial's over. <blazing off>

Deb

LOL Deb,

You lucky gal you get to see it before I do ;) I thought about posting this morning on this but thought nah.. I'm always off topic as it is - but I'm glad to see there are other TAPS fans who are into minis ;) So did you get the see the all day Ghost Hunters marathon? what a great way to kick off the new season!! Can't wait to see the new episode tonight :D Got Season 2 on it's way in the mail - I love this show :lol:

-David

LOL Deb,

You lucky gal you get to see it before I do

Want me to tell you what happens? <cackle> Okay, I'll be nice and not say, but it was really a good show this time. Tombstone is just rich in activity. They're continuing the Tombstone trip in next weeks show as well as a trip to Bisbee and a hotel there. The hotel is the most famous in Bisbee, but there are two or three houses there that have reputations. That whole area in Cochise county is incredible, both in history and archeological treasures as well as paranormal activity. There's a couple of areas in the Chirichaua mountain range where the Apaches made their last stand that will convince even the most skeptical. I spent a large part of my childhood exploring the ghost towns, indian ruins, abandoned mines, cemeteries and mountains in that area.

Deb

I watched it, I love TAPS, they go to some of the best places. I really like when they get on Jason to admit that a place is haunted ;) . I will admit that when they play the EVP's that creeps me out, there's just something about a voice on a recorder that you know darn well that no one was there :lol: .

Wooohoooo! Taps season premiere is on tonight! Yay! I'm not big on watching tv, but I do like that show. And it's the perfect night for it...............it's chilly with a nip of frost in the air, the leaves are clattering against the window and there's a rustle of wind once in awhile.

Gotta go. It's coming on in just a few.

Deb

Speaking of the weather...didn't you get a lot of snow a day or two ago?

I'm going to have to check our tv schedules to see if we get ghost hunters. We have a pvr (Canadian version of Tvo), so I can always use that if I can't find it in the tv guide listings.

I love scary shows!!!

-Susanne

I will admit that when they play the EVP's that creeps me out, there's just something about a voice on a recorder that you know darn well that no one was there :thumb: .

I wasn't sure tonight if it was a player piano or calliope music that they picked up, but that was just cool! I think the other one that really impressed me was when they picked up a body shape on a locker using infrared heat detectors.

Speaking of the weather...didn't you get a lot of snow a day or two ago?
That was what they kept saying but when I looked out the window, things were still green, gold and orange, not white. :p It snowed in the high country but we didn't get any in Denver.

I'm going to have to check our tv schedules to see if we get ghost hunters. We have a pvr (Canadian version of Tvo), so I can always use that if I can't find it in the tv guide listings.

If you can find it Susanne, it's definitely worth catching. These guys are just down to earth about it all and are based in technology. They actually try to disprove paranormal activity, not prove it. Some things defy all scientific proof and those are the ones they prounounce, "Well, there's something there, but we can't find a physical or scientific cause for it". No dramatics, theatrics or hype........but what they can't prove scientifically can really be fascinating. As the daughter of a scientist, I can appreciate that method!

Deb

I wasn't sure tonight if it was a player piano or calliope music that they picked up, but that was just cool! I think the other one that really impressed me was when they picked up a body shape on a locker using infrared heat detectors. ...

That image on the locker - that episode was the bomb! And the waves of heat the infrared picked up during the reading was awesome too.. I was pretty sure it was from a floor heater kicking on until the reader just pushed it away with his hand.. no way that could have been a floor heater!

They actually try to disprove paranormal activity, not prove it. Some things defy all scientific proof and those are the ones they prounounce, "Well, there's something there, but we can't find a physical or scientific cause for it". No dramatics, theatrics or hype........but what they can't prove scientifically can really be fascinating. As the daughter of a scientist, I can appreciate that method!

Absolutely! The nice thing is they tell you what they're doing. They don't run around and say Oh it's a cold spot yes I'm psychically picking up an image.. Oh NO it's terrible It's horrible .blah blah blah blah like some shows do. I definitely believe there are psychics but the over the top drama queen gloom and doom sensing psychics leave me cold - and that's when I grab the channel changer. These guys go in - they try to find what's causing the problem. If it's pluming, heating, chemicals in the ventilation system, faulty wiring, or loose door hinges they'll find it! If they can't find any logical reason and still have evidence then they figure they have evidence :p And another thing that's cool about them is they're just regular people like you or me doing something they have a passion for doing. :D Susanne I hope you can find the show on your listing - it's at least worth checking out :D and yep I've seen every episode.. so far :D You never know what they're going to find

Oh hey - by the way on tonight's episode did anyone see a dollhouse or model of a church on the floor by the door just as they walked into the second story room? I coulda sworn I saw one but it was just for a second - guess I'll have to wait for the show to repeat so I can look for it :thumb:

-David

They don't run around and say Oh it's a cold spot yes I'm psychically picking up an image.. Oh NO it's terrible It's horrible .blah blah blah blah like some shows do. I definitely believe there are psychics but the over the top drama queen gloom and doom sensing psychics leave me cold -

I know which ones you're talking about and they get my blood pressure up too. I wanna slap that silly cow who keep screeching like a little girl at her own shadow. I'm pretty sure if there are any spirits in the area when those people go in, the spirits just throw their hands in the air, say "oh good grief" and leave till it gets quiet again.

These guys go in - they try to find what's causing the problem. If it's pluming, heating, chemicals in the ventilation system, faulty wiring, or loose door hinges they'll find it!
<giggling> And on at least one show, when they found a plumbing problem, they fixed it while they were there! :thumb: I thought that was just cool of them to do.

Oh hey - by the way on tonight's episode did anyone see a dollhouse or model of a church on the floor by the door just as they walked into the second story room? I coulda sworn I saw one but it was just for a second - guess I'll have to wait for the show to repeat so I can look for it

I missed that, but I think Bruce has the dvr set to record them all so I'll have to go back and look when I get a chance.

Deb

I am glad to see there are other Taps fans out there... Dh and I were on Dude alert tonite...Every time someone says dude we copy...with a lil Rhodey/Mass/NY accent! :p Duuuuddddeeee!

Does anyone else think that in the beginning credits that Grant needs to change the freeze frame? He looks like he had beans for dinner... :D

Here is a link to their website......>Taps

Oh Deb! Dang! They are sold out! They are having a Taps paranormal retreat at the Stanley Hotel..aka The Shining in November.

Okay..Deb has to gate crash that is all there is to it.. Gate crash Deb and report back to us! We can live vicariously through you.. :thumb:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I saw the beginning of this thread and they started their season a little early this year. I am happy Ghost Hunters is back on (they were in Colorado and Seattle), and i found out Project Runway starts in early November. Woohoo!

Ghost Hunters is really a great show - I watched two new episodes last night, and they were great.

I agree with the opinions of that 'other' so called paranormal show. It is so phony, it's pathetic. I would think if someone is searching for paranormal experiences, they would not scream and run at every little noise. What is so strange, is that someone is always getting severely injured on that show. I have never known a paranormal to hurt anyone that badly - they may make you hurt yourself running!

I agree with Deb - Taps people are not out for a show - they are in it to disprove, and if they can't, they say so.

Okay, I am REALLY confused! Taps is one of my favorite shows and I did watch the season premier last night. Although you guys say it was in Arizona and the one I watched was in Seattle. Checked my DVR just to be sure I wasn't hullucinating and yup, it was in Seattle. So, do we all get different shows depending on our location (I'm in TX) or by the source (I have DIRECTV). :p

I LOVE Ghost Hunters!!! I've watched it since the first episode. My husband tolerates it and sometimes he actually gets interested in an episode.

BTW, I still think they should have kept Brian. Yeah, he messes up but that's why I enjoy him. I love the interaction between the different individuals.

And I think Steve is cute!!! He's gotta be my favorite person on there!!

The episode with the body image on the locker was at the Cresent Hotel in Eureka Springs , Arkansas. I just got back from a vacation there! we didn't stay at the Cresent. I didn't get reservations in time. We did go thru it tho. It is a awsome place. Walking down the hallways is super creepy. Even in the daylight. Lol They had dvd's of that episode of Ghost Hunters in the gift shop.

In the lobby they had a pitchure of a cat. His name was Morris. It was a cat that lived at the cresent for 21 years. On the back patio there was a little cat door with steps going up to it.

We will defiantly stay there next time. I will take lots of pics. There is also a haunted tour of Eureka Springs. I diffantly want to check into that.

I only caught the last fifteen minutes last night. Did they get rid of Brian, what did he do know ? I noticed there was a new girl.

Edited by lynnae

I was so glad to see Taps back! Those guys really do rock. I think that Brian quit because he had a new baby (well, he didn't but his girlfriend did) and he couldn't travel anymore. I like the girl that they've brought on the team. The only thing I've ever thought they needed was an empath to communicate with the spirits and I think she's got the knack. There are some personalities that spirits are naturally attracted to and methinks she may be one of them.

And I think Steve is cute!!! He's gotta be my favorite person on there!!

I like Steve too. He seems like a genuinely nice guy with a good heart. Actually, they all seem like nice people. That's one of the things I like about them. There's no trauma/drama on the show. I noticed that Jason isn't wearing a wedding ring anymore but he is sporting a newly pierced ear, which are signs of a recent divorce, but they don't even mention the guy's private lives. I like that about them. They let the content (ghost hunting) provide all the drama that's needed.

That image they caught on camera in the doorway at the mental institute was pretty cool huh!

Deb

I am so excited they're back! I agree they all seem like nice people which makes the show better. Although, I can honestly say I don't miss Brian when he's not one.

My husband used toi make fun of me for watching this show. He finally watched one with me and now he is mre addicted than I am. HAHAHAHA! :banana:

Cheryl,

The season premiere show had two locations. The first one was at a closed up psychiatric hospital. I thought it was in Colorado because it showed the highway sign (but I may be wrong), the second part was in Seattle in the lower city levels.

I went to the Taps and ghost hunters websites and I find a little hinting that Jay is having marital issues but that is on message boards so you cant believe it. But new facial hair (love it), ring is missing, a lil weightloss...hmmm. The next episode to air is in San franscico.

Okay I found something interesting...

Brian, Donna, Lisa, and Paula left Taps presumably because they dont like Taps vs Ghost Hunters thing. It stems from that Manson episode where they brought out that blonde guy from the celebrity ghost show (the one where his co-host lost all her hair to alopecia). The show is turning too hollywood and critics are wondering if there is some creative editing going on. (Donna will only be on the show for a couple more episodes she is part of another paranormal group). What do you all think about the edition of the new girl? T&A maybe?

Okay, way too much for me to know about people I dont know. I just thought it was interesting.