Back again

daddyslilgirl

Well here I am again. I got busy in real life and didn't get much done on my projects due to real life. We moved and in the process of that my OU house was destroyed. It was not possible to repair it so we will be starting over on it sometime in the future. I am still busy with real life but I have been blah about it. See the reason I build doll houses is I have such good memories with my daddy building my first one back in the day when I was young and carefree. My blah comes from my daddy died Oct 1 and life is just miserable without him. The dollhouses were moved, we settled in, daddy had a stroke and passed away less than a week later and the dollhouses have sat for two months now, not moving, not getting worked on, and me ignoring them. Well yesterday, I was moving some stuff to make room for family coming in for the holidays (which I have avoided also) and I had to move some dollhouse things. Well short story is I went shopping yesterday. Really shopping not for toilet paper and food but really shopping and today I spent painting, reading directions, sanding and planning. My grandson loves my dollhouse (really loves it to the point it needs some repairs from play time) so he is going to have a dollhouse under the tree this year from me and his Great Opa (great grandpa/my dad). I decided to cut my hours at work to "by appointment only" and work on the dollhouse. Perhaps it is the one memory and project that can go hand in hand with healing and honoring my daddy. I miss him so much and today while painting and working on the dollhouse, I remembered a lot of the fun things we did while building my first one. So here I am again, coming back to the memories and trying to create something that perhaps will some day be a blessing and memory of me for someone.

• Like 2

Welcome home, Karen! :hug: Minis are a lovely way to heal from grief, and when you finish the grandson's house you and your daddy's memories can build one for YOU that will be your memorial to him (and nobody plays with that one but YOU).

Karen, so sorry for your loss. I have a little tack hammer that my father made in high school, back when the schools offered classes in useful skills. Whenever I use it, whether for miniatures or a real-size task, I can feel his hand over mine. I have a feeling your father will be quietly cheering you on as you work on your grandson's house. :hug:

I am so sorry for your loss Karen, but your story was both heartfelt and inspiring, so thank you for sharing it. I think what you are creating now is already a blessing, and it will be so nice to hand it down through future generations. I truly feel your father will continue to be a part of your dollhouse making and minature experiences.

Thank you everyone. I spent the day at the salon (my daughter owns and I manage it) prepping it and doing some much needed rearranging of things and prepping the girls for me to be gone at least till after Christmas. They all think it is about time. My dad passed at 12:17 AM and I was in the salon that morning at 9 and haven't missed a scheduled day since so they all think I need time. So that is done and dollhouse building is my schedule (other than appointments, I won't be in salon 12-15 hours a day). Thanks again. Now off to watch the Final Ride of Sons of Anarchy. It is a horrible horrible obsession of mine, but it is mine and I can't miss that show tonight. :)

Day two....this is how far I am. Hubby helped a lot and we most likely will be gluing tomorrow. He is spending his two days off helping me get this ready. Little grand baby gets to go shopping for furniture and such when he gets the house. Also I am going to start making fruits and veggies for his kitchen though and maybe some pies and cakes.