Made a fireplace with a fossil in it!

jujurodgers

I don't go down in the arroyo any more after being stalked by a pack of wild dogs and the rattlesnake encounter........I stay up on the road.

(seeing stars, getting light headed, falling down and passing out)

The fireplace is great!

Used to live in NM, and was frequently followed by three coyotes when I walked. I always felt like they were looking at me like a christmas ham. Then one day they weren't there. A few months later a mother skunk and her babies were a long way off, but close enough to see. Just FYI, they didn't smell bad, and were adorable, walked along with me for a few weeks.

There was alway some animals, like a group,of wild turkeys. And yes, I did see a rattlesnake or two. The only animal or, rather, bird that stopped me from walking one day was a Kite. This is a vicious bird, who had her nest along the path and after being attacked once, I stayed well off that section of the path.

And a horse! A horse ran by me on the path once.

I'm from out in the country in south Texas, so I never thought I should be scared of any of this, just aware, and careful. I only ever felt the need to pull out my cell and call 911, a woman would walk her dogs and they would run lose and once tried to attack me. I was beyond angry, she kept saying "they are so strong I have trouble holding their leashes". She kept bringing them too! Until I told her if she was on the path with her dogs I would just call 911, not wait to be attacked, after that, much like the coyotes, she stopped coming to the path.

• Like 1