My turn to mourn...

Debra from Olde Cape Cod

<wrapping my arms around you in a warm hug> I'm so sorry Debra. There is some comfort that her crossing was peaceful but it doesn't fill the empty place in your hearts. I hope your FIL is handling it as well as possible. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to go on alone after being married so long. My heart is with yours sweetie and you know that we're right here if you need anything at all.

Sending warm hugs and heartfelt sympathies to you and your family as you go thru this difficult time. The holidays are especially hard after the loss of a loved one - may your holidays bring lots of good memories to carry you through your season of sadness.

Thank-you all so much Greenleaf family. This will be her first Christmas in heaven, so we are celebrating her. Spent some time with my own mom too, don't want to have any regrets. DH is doing well, he's just glad the Parkinson's is over and that she no longer suffers.

• 2 weeks later...