Greetings from a new member and kit maker

cdisdero

I am a new member of your fine community, and I've recently designed and engineered several new miniature dollhouse furniture kits in 1:12 scale that I'll be releasing soon through my company Silver Ridge Modelworks. Attached are some photos of the finished prototypes. There's a writing desk which features real dovetail joinery on the drawers, a round table, and a wall cabinet. The kits will feature all the precut and laser-cut wood parts, and hardware, along with full assembly and finishing instructions. Many hours of fun for those who love to build miniatures. If there's some interest, I hope to produce many more designs.

I've been modeling miniatures since I was 10 years old (for me that's quite some time ago). I've built many House of Miniatures kits as well as Shenandoah Miniature furniture kits, room boxes by Houseworks, and more. I also have many years of experience modeling HO scale model railroad structures by the big names in the business - Fine Scale Miniatures, South River Modelworks, and Sierra West Scale Models.

After years of building other people's designs, I wanted to try my own hand at designing and producing my own kits. Hence my company Silver Ridge Modelworks.

I'm glad to be a part of your community and hope to be an active contributor.

Sincerely,

Christopher Disdero

Sole Proprietor

Silver Ridge Modelworks

post-63940-0-66626600-1418586936_thumb.j
post-63940-0-82939700-1418586934_thumb.j
post-63940-0-94918700-1418586932_thumb.j
post-63940-0-08842100-1418586931_thumb.j

• Like 2

Christopher, don't let all the input overwhelm you There are a lot of us and we all have definite druthers.

Aw, go ahead and let them overwhelm you and let them sort themselves out. Years ago one of my professors urged the use of thumbnail sketches when beginning a project. Do at least a hundred, he said. You won't get to the really good ideas until you've gotten rid of the bad ones. So take in what everyone is saying. The best ideas will float to the top. :D

Welcome to the Greenleaf family, Christopher. And welcome from another Washingtonian! Glad to see more miniaturists in my area. I'm on the Peninsula, but get to Everett once in awhile, as my cousin lives there. Your furniture is beautiful!

Welcome to the forum Christopher :) I moved your post to the trading community Because your links goes to your website. You can add your modest sized webiste links to your signature line so that it shows up in all of your posts. We look forward to knowing you better

Sorry I've been away for a while - been busy working on finalizing my first three kits. I think I'm close to complete.

Greetings to you, CheckMouse! We are certainly a short distance away from each other!

Merry Christmas to all of you and thank you all for the warm welcome and encouragement!