Positive Affirmations, Good News and Awesome Things

Deb

Spent the last few evenings watching "The 10th Kingdom". I found a copy in Walmart for $5. It's 7 hours long and must have been a mini series back in the day. We used to watch it with our kids and have laughed and remembered the funny things our kids would say. Who can forget the shoe loving trolls and the twitterpaited Wolfie!

• Like 1

I love it!! These positive thoughts and happy experiences are such a delight to read. It's wonderful to hear them all and I hope you guys keep sharing. I think it makes our little corner of the world a bit brighter every day.

This gem surprised me this morning. I was reading an article about some of the most beautiful and unusual places in the world and enjoying some gorgeous pictures of landscapes when this picture caught my eye of bubbles frozen under water in a lake in Canada. Aren't they gorgeous?

post-329-0-86392900-1420397231_thumb.png

Then I read a little further and discovered that the bubbles are methane gas. Who would have suspected that something so beautiful could be caused by something else sort of distasteful and potentially lethal. Mother Nature can teach us so much about finding the beauty even in adverse conditions.

This morning I was awake well before dawn, doing a little tossing and turning, when I remembered that it's a full moon and that this time of year the moon sets in the southwest.  I threw on some clothes and hurried downstairs and out to the patio where I wrapped up in a quilt and watched the full moon setting thru the branches of my neighbor's Palo Verde tree.  The Palo Verde is a very lacy tree with delicate branches and tiny leaves so when the full moon sets behind it, it silhouettes the branches while showering everything with a gorgeous silver light.  It's a breathtaking sight and only happens when the full moon is in just the right place in the sky.........but that view from my patio was well worth getting up to watch.  

poem-belief-is-the-moon.jpg

• Like 1

Enjoyed the full moon over here too, had the curtains open to be able to see her walking across the sky. She was gorgeous!

Ever since we moved into our own place (as 19 years old) I have had a hard time sleeping while full moon, but it never bothered me not sleeping those nights. Might have a werewolf streak in me ;) somewhere

Hugs

• Like 1

Enjoyed the full moon over here too, had the curtains open to be able to see her walking across the sky. She was gorgeous!

Ever since we moved into our own place (as 19 years old) I have had a hard time sleeping while full moon, but it never bothered me not sleeping those nights. Might have a werewolf streak in me ;) somewhere

Hugs

Owoooooo... :wolverine:

• Like 1

Hugs

I have a hard time sleeping when the moon is riding high like that too Anna.  Ooooooooh, you should have seen it here the last night it rose full......when it broke over the mountain range on the horizon, the desert sky magnified it to a huge, orange-gold ball of fire in the sky and it was breathtaking.  The coyotes started singing their moon songs right away and I think I may have joined in.  

Here's my happy thought to share for the day:

post-329-0-22765200-1420732230_thumb.jpg

Sounds like a fabulouse sight to see Deb, wish I could have been there! Might have had to join in the moon singing with the coyotes, been known for a howl or two :evil:

Am so enjoying the happy affirmations and it is something I am working really hard to stay focused on and today was a great day all in all. Need to keep sorting the thoughts though....

Hugs

Am so enjoying the happy affirmations and it is something I am working really hard to stay focused on and today was a great day all in all. Need to keep sorting the thoughts though....

Anna, this made me think of you because of the light and sweetness that is so bright in your spirit.  

the-astonishing-light-of-your-own-being-

• Like 1

Boy, I needed you guys this morning. I am feeling so miserable and Lisa is taking the brunt of my vents. How she can do that and remain positive is more than I can understand, so here's to you, Lisa! Thank you for being there!

I found this in a book by Chris Gardner, the guy who wrote Pursuit of Happyness. Thought I'd share:

"Self knowledge.....an authentic belief system, an inner sense of oneself that can never be rocked. Others may question your credentials, your papers, your degrees. Others may look for all kinds of ways to diminish your worth. But what is inside of you, no one can take from you or tarnish. This is your worth, who you really are, your degree that can go with you wherever you go, that you bring with you the moment you come into a room, that can't be manipulated or shaken. Without that sense of self, no amount of paper, no pedigree, and no credentials, can make you legit. No matter what, you have to feel legit inside first."

• Like 2

That's a great one Kelly. Thanks for sharing it. Sorry you are having a down time right now. It's winter and I think it happens more with seasonal things but that's just me. Hugs ....

I was going to add one today. I found it quite a long while ago on a blog but I can't remember where exactly so I can't give proper credit. If someone recognizes it, please let me know so I can credit the right place. Thanks ahead of time.

THOUGHTS TO PONDER

1.  Make peace with your past so it does not foul up your future.
2.  What others think of you is none of your business.
3.  Time heals almost everything ...give it time.

4.  Don't compare your life to others and don't judge them. You have no idea what

their journey is all about.
5.  Stop thinking too much. It's alright not to know the answers. They will come to

you when they least expect it.
6.  No one is in charge of your happiness except YOU.
7.  You don't own all the problems in the world.

• Like 7

"Self knowledge.....an authentic belief system, an inner sense of oneself that can never be rocked. Others may question your credentials, your papers, your degrees. Others may look for all kinds of ways to diminish your worth. But what is inside of you, no one can take from you or tarnish. This is your worth, who you really are, your degree that can go with you wherever you go, that you bring with you the moment you come into a room, that can't be manipulated or shaken. Without that sense of self, no amount of paper, no pedigree, and no credentials, can make you legit. No matter what, you have to feel legit inside first."

Kelly, that is wonderful! Our perception is so often based on what others think when the measure we need to meet is the one we set for ourselves. It's difficult to shut out the voices of others who tell us what we should be or what they want us to be (which is usually based on whatever it is they need from us) but when you are secure in your own sense of self, true happiness comes from within just like it should. I don't like labels and I don't believe that pedigrees mean much beyond establishing genetics......it's that inner self that defines who we really are. Even beauty fades, but if we can look in the mirror and see our true self looking back in our eyes, no one else's opinion matters.

Selkie, I love that list!! My favorite is "What others think of me is none of my business". Ru Paul includes that in one of his books as a mantra and I think it's a fabulous affirmation as are all the others on that list. I think the hardest one for me is being able to let go of the past. There's been a lot of work for me to sort thru my childhood, first marriage, and the stalking years and I know how important it's been to take what I can in the way of learning experiences from all that. After all, it's where we've been that helps make us who we are.....but I didn't want to take the hate or fear or bitterness with me; only the things that I learned. It's still a work in progress, but I'm getting better all the time. The past no longer owns me, I own the past.

Last night I had a wonderful thing happen. It was in the wee hours and I was sitting on the patio listening to it rain. I thought I heard something moving out on the street and then, from the tot lot playground across the street literally less than a hundred feet from where I was sitting, I heard the first "yip, yip, yip" followed by "yip, yip, yip, yhooooooooooooooooowwwwlllll" of the alpha coyote. Then the rest of the pack joined in the song and it was amazing. What a wonderful gift to be so close to a pack in full song like that! They were singing for the rain and for the puddles on the playground where they could get a drink of clean water and simply for the joy of being alive and free.

I have a pretty to share with you guys this morning. There are no quotes or words, simply the gorgeous sunset we were treated to last night. It's no wonder the coyotes sing!

post-329-0-24773800-1421161561_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Someone posted this on FB this morning and I loved it so much that I had to share it here. These are the kinds of things my dad used to say......funny and insightful and practical all at the same time.

Advice from An Old Farmer

Your fences need to be horse-high, pig-tight and bull-strong.
Keep skunks and bankers at a distance.
Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.
A bumble bee is considerably faster than a John Deere tractor.
Words that soak into your ears are whispered… not yelled.
Meanness don’t jes’ happen overnight.
Forgive your enemies; it messes up their heads.
Do not corner something that you know is meaner than you.
It don’t take a very big person to carry a grudge.
You cannot unsay a cruel word.
Every path has a few puddles.
When you wallow with pigs, expect to get dirty.
The best sermons are lived, not preached.
Most of the stuff people worry about ain’t never gonna happen anyway.
Don’t judge folks by their relatives.
Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
Live a good, honorable life… Then when you get older and think back, you’ll enjoy it a second time.
Don ‘t interfere with somethin’ that ain’t bothering you none.
Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a Rain dance.
If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin’.
Sometimes you get, and sometimes you get got.
The biggest troublemaker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every mornin’.
Always drink upstream from the herd.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.
Lettin’ the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier than puttin’ it back in.
If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.
Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.
Most times, it just gets down to common sense.

• Like 2

<snickering> I love puns but I grew up with a father whose favorite TV show was Rocky and Bullwinkle. And yes, Debra, anything that makes people laugh is awesome!!!

I have an adorable "awww" to share today just because it's so sweet and adorable and everyone feels better when they say "aawwwww".

post-329-0-00058100-1421345884_thumb.png

• Like 1

I may hate puns, but I also loved Jay Ward's cartoons! My favorite Bullmoose quote? "Army Intelligence? Sounds like a bit of a contradictory statement to me."

hehehehehehe So many things from that show stick in my memory. The Fractured Fairy Tales were probably my favorite. Now I need to get out my Rocky and Bullwinkle dvd's and have a marathon which sounds wonderful because laughing that much is very, very good for a person.

laughter_01.png

• Like 1

I have both Dudley Doright and the Rocky & Bullwinkle movies on DVD; they're a hoot! How is the Mr Peabody & Sherman movie, or has anyone seen it?

Mr. Peabody and Sherman was a real disappointment. We watched it on On Demand and stopped it after about 30 minutes. On the other hand, Brendan Fraser as Dudley Dooright was such a hoot. Holly, if you've never seen the movie version of George of the Jungle with Brendan Fraser, you need to correct that oversight as soon as possible. Oh my goodness, the movie is hilarious (and true to the cartoon), the narration is as funny as ever, and Brendan Fraser, well............here you go.

I love that scene because the message about feeling joy without inhibitions or embarrassment is a real jewel. It's a great song too.