SNOW!!!!!

minigrandma10

Freeze and winter storm warnings here...........something completely unheard of in Phoenix! But it's still a happy time to celebrate a new year and new beginnings. Happy New Year everyone!

BTW, I'm going to move this over to the Chit Chat section. See you there.

We woke to white stuff all over the yard, here in Tucson.

Wow Casey, I can't remember the last time it snowed in Tuscon. We dodged the snow but it's still bitter cold at 27 out there this morning and after the rain yesterday there's ice on everything. Even after covering them up I think I'm going to lose about half of my plants outside. The poor Palo Verde trees don't stand up to freezing temps very well and there's not much you can do but wrap the trunk and hope for the best. I think my neighbors lost most of their rose garden and everyone's bougainvillea are burnt so badly that they're not recognizable anymore. My friends in Denver are telling me about sub-zero temps in the double digits so I can't complain too much but for us, this is still extreme and unpleasant. Even the Canadian snow birds are complaining that it's too cold!

Woke up in"sunny" southern California this morning to New Year's Eve SNOW!!!!! This will never be here again, just had to tell you. I live at the beach, you face the mountains and you can see the snow.

Happy Healthy New year to all of you.

:bear: Gail

Gail, my brother is in Yucaipa, he posted pictures of the white stuff. I laughed. It didn't stay long. I told them to keep it there.

• Like 1

Snow is a dirty four-letter word that I don't think we should be using in this forum. - Congratulations. You just became privy to my first joke of the New Year. Ha, ha, ha.

It is 10:08 AM in New Jersey and very sunny; however, I have no idea what the weather will be like in the upcoming days; which is typical if you live in central NJ - and that's no joke.

• Like 2

Barbara, where you live it's silly not to run snow tires. I was really looking forward to playing in the workshop today, but without a heater out there I'm staying put in the house! I turned the slow cooker full of gumbo on so it will be ready for lunch, and my pork roast for tonight is marinating in apples, curry powder and balsamic vinegar.

My Mom texted me pictures from Scottsdale Az this morning..snow on cactuses..neat and crazy. Here in Utah it snowed on Christmas Eve and has stuck around since. View from front window of new house. It's gloriously hauntingly beautiful, but I'm ready for Spring!

post-185-0-56902500-1420167969_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

My Mom texted me pictures from Scottsdale Az this morning..snow on cactuses..neat and crazy. Here in Utah it snowed on Christmas Eve and has stuck around since. View from front window of new house. It's gloriously hauntingly beautiful, but I'm ready for Spring!

Good to see you here Karin. Missed you but understand you are incredibly busy right now.

• Like 1

Thanks Selkie, yes but things are coming along:) I have to pop in now and then to see what everyone's chatting about :) miss u all!

Hope you can catch us up at some point with the pictures.

You know how crazy we all are to "see" everything.

Will you be moved in anytime soon?

I'm guessing you'll have a fabulous studio to work in.

Of course we can't wait for you to get back to building because we love everything you build.