I hope 2015 is a better year!

Violet2Dawn

It has been a long year. It ended with my step-father of 40 years passing away unexpectedly on the 19th of Dec. It was quick, and that was the blessing, also that he hadn't engaged the running car into gear or had been driving. But it made for a long holiday season this year. We did push off all the formalities until the 28th and 29th, which helped.

My head sores (folliculitis) has been improving slowly since I cut all my hair off. I have 3 that are completely healed now, and most of the others are shrinking. So while it tends to be cold, I think the buzz cut is working along with the Emuaid, homeopathic products. I see the Dr again next week.

My fear aggressive dog, was pressed to face a few situations not to her liking during the holiday season, but she handled it well, and only growled/snapped at other dogs twice, and only growling at people. Major improvements for her and a sigh of relief from me.

Due to all the unexpected family, I shoved all the miniature work into boxes and into a spare room. I have to get them out again.

Knitting continues, still on Barbie scale but using smaller needles and finer threads. My nieces got a boat load of clothes for their dolls this year.

So I am hopeful that 2015 will be a better year, not only for me but for all of you out there.

Peaceful, Prayerful Thoughts

• Like 1

Oh Dawn, I'm so sorry for your loss.

It does seem that there is a high incidence of people passing around this time of year. I lost three Facebook friends in a matter of 3 weeks (one aneurysm, one stroke and one heart attack). And it makes for a very sad time of the year when we are supposed to enjoy time with family and friends.

Hopefully the mini'ing will help you feel better.

• 2 weeks later...

2014 wasn't a good year for my family either. I am hoping to either get a new job or quit to work on a new career thereby ending my last 5 years of misery in my current job.

Christmas is a hard time, regardless of when someone dies, as it is a family time and that is when we generally remember them. My father died a few days before Christmas in 1999 at 57.

• Like 1

I'm so hoping for comfort for those with losses and bad health issues and praying that the new year is good to you.

It goes without saying,I am hoping for a much better year! I've had a good start so far,with the successful lumpectomy,so I hope this time next year I will be back to work at a job I don't dread,with a set of dependable wheels,and getting on with my life-I may even try dating...!

• Like 2