Mini sound system

LK77

I recently dug out a room box I totally forgot I had but come up with a great idea for it.. I was want to make a mini replica for it of our sound system and be able to have it on display for trivia night think it would be cool. How do I go about making one any ideas? :hmm:

• Like 1

That sounds intriguing! To make mini replicas of your electronics, you'll probably need to get really creative. I'd suggest buying lots of basswood sheets and some good, sharp blades for your craft knife (or dremel or whatever you prefer to use for cutting) and begin with making the wood components, then paint the details or print out pictures and mod podge them to the wood. You could probably use small boxes or wood blocks to make things like speakers and digital converters. I'd recommend googling "electronic dollhouse printies" and see what that turns up for you. You might find all kinds of treasures that way. To make all the cables and wires, use black embroidery floss. To stiffen it up, put a drop of tacky glue on your index finger and smear it lightly with your thumb, then pinch the thread between your finger and thumb and pull the thread thru it to coat it lightly. Coil or position it on waxed paper in the shape you want and let it dry.

Those are my thoughts and I'm sure others will be along to brainstorm with you soon. This sounds like a great project Lyn!

• Like 1

I recently dug out a room box I totally forgot I had but come up with a great idea for it.. I was want to make a mini replica for it of our sound system and be able to have it on display for trivia night think it would be cool. How do I go about making one any ideas? :hmm:

I make miniature replicas of sound systems........loudspeakers, amps, valve amps and turntables.....if you take a look in my Kensington House you will see a system on the first floor and speakers for the big screen on the next floor up............if you look at my House That Moved you will see that at one stage I turned it into a Sound and Vision Store............if you want any info on making the pieces then just let me know and I'll be glad to help.