Plz help newbie with a trade :(

asisteract

Hi all,

I am a miniature lover. I have wanted a dollhouse my entire life. Finally at the age of 51 my sister said if you buy one I'll build it. So I happily ran to ebay and bought The Beacon Hill. I had no idea what I was buying I just seen this big beautiful dollhouse and grabbed it. My sister was eager and thrilled and we both set out to build this monster hahaha Meanwhile I found another house at a yard sale and brought it home and thought maybe we could do something with it. That happened about 5 times. I have 5 little orphan houses that need much rehab. I then had the opportunity to buy a Hofco Victorian Classic #214, I loved it, did a little research on it and figured it was a great deal and bought it too.

So now you would think I would be in Dollhouse Heaven, well NO, I am still sitting here with no dollhouse. I had NO IDEA what was involved in having a dollhouse. I just wanted to collect furniture and play. I am no good at the building and interior design, like wiring and wall paper and all that. My sister, bless her heart (has recently had a stroke, she is ok) has finally took the BH home so that she can finish it up but even she is not sure about doing the inside work.

I finally came to this conclusion, I want to trade the Hofco Victorian Dollhouse for one that is finished. I realize it wouldn't be an even trade but what can I do and who might be interested? I have photos, it is in great shape and it seems to be one that many would like to have. All I want is a dollhouse. I sure wish I had known ahead of time to just buy one that was already completed.

I just wanted to add that I have thought about taking it to a shop and asking them to complete it but there are no shops around me in Piqua Ohio. Unfortunately I don't drive so I am kind of limited. There is not a dollhouse store even remotely close to me. :( I have advertised to no avail for a helper and no one :(

Edited by asisteract

Jennifer, it looks like the old adage "Be careful what you wish for because you may get it" caught up with you!

A lot of us are building or have built the Beacon Hill. Maybe your sister could join our forum to get ideas and suggestions as she builds. If she's doing all right with the construction, the decoration shouldn't be difficult, especially if the two of you put your heads together.

Have you tried listing the Victorian Classic and the rehab houses on Craig's list in Dayton?

I hope this gets sorted out soon, so you can get on to playing with whichever one becomes your forever house. :)