Foot in 2 centuries

nancym

I have 2 official dollhouses. One, I bought in California on a whim, is quite modern and reflects the members of my family to include half eaten pizza box and dirty socks under the boy's bed. The other one is one I bought in England and had shipped back. It is a Victorian and is a lot of fun. It is called the Ash House. Under the bed and in closets are a greenhouse and 2 shops I bought from a store going out of business. They were dry built and then we had our one and only earthquake that only damaged, you guessed it, the room where the shops were. Not too much damage but I took them apart and when I get room will put them back together to be a pub and a toy store. Have 2 houses in boxes for my granddaughters when they get a little older. Also would like to do a garden.

My hubby has no idea how much all this has cost. I have kept records and have told my daughters, that if I go before he does, to destroy all those records, lol. Tried to keep an inventory but it has all gotten away from me so my records help a lot altho, I just listed all my books and found that I have 5 copies of my favorite book, Anne of Green Gables. Oh well. It keeps me out of the bars.

• Like 2

I have 2 official dollhouses. One, I bought in California on a whim,...... The other one is one I bought in England and had shipped back. ...... Under the bed and in closets are a greenhouse and 2 shops I bought from a store going out of business. ....... Have 2 houses in boxes for my granddaughters when they get a little older. Also would like to do a garden.

My hubby has no idea how much all this has cost ........, I just listed all my books and found that I have 5 copies of my favorite book, Anne of Green Gables. ..... Oh well. It keeps me out of the bars.

Oh, my, this is wonderful news !!!!!!! You are going to have a fun time here. We all have secret stashes and bins and bags and sometimes many of the same items !!! It's part of the disease with all have - Miniature-itis.

I had saved a wonderful blip about this disease a long time ago. It goes like this.

WARNING!!!

CONTAGIOUS

MINIATURA DISEASE – aka Miniaturitis

CHILDREN OF ALL AGES AFFECTED

ADULT CHILDREN - VERY SUSCEPTIBLE

SYMPTOMS- An almost perpetual squint.

Often has blank expression on face for long periods of time

Mumbles 1" to 1', 1/2 scale, "millimeters" and such.

Squirrels away bits and pieces of everything imaginable.

Has secret stashes that grow in dark places.

Has nose in books, magazines and catalogs

that have to do with tiny things.

Thinking becomes smaller and smaller.

NOTE: Can affect a whole family and often three generations.

NO KNOWN CURE - DISEASE NOT FATAL

RX - Visit miniature Shops and Shows often

Set watches and searches on Ebay and Etsy

Check online forums many times daily

Assemble kits

Rearrange tiny furniture

PROGNOSIS: Takes very little to keep them happy.

• Like 2

It's funny, just today, I was thinking about that bumper sticker that says " warning! I have PMS and a hand gun!" I was thinking I need one to say... " WARNING! I have OCD and a miniature obsession!" Seems just as dangerous to me!!!!!

Roflmao

P.s. Don't keep records. Burn all evidence. I'm just sayin...

Hi Nancy !!! Don't feel bad,I stash too.I have three kits (I'm not even using kits now) plus a tall chest of drawers and two huge rubbermaid totes full of craft supplies,lol My hubby hasn't a clue either !!!!

Welcome to the board.....many talented,brilliant folks here :)

April

Selkie, I have a saying similar to that one saved in one of my folders. I found it on Norm's Dollhouses site - http://norms-dollhouse-colorado.com/ - quite awhile ago. If you scroll down that page you'll find it.

Both descriptions certainly fit us all.

The one I received from a friend must either be a variation on that one or else that one is a variation of the one they sent me. I was not provided with the authors name unfortunately.

Welcome to the forum, Nancy.

I, too, have a secret stash and DH (dear hubby) doesn't have a clue. I am fortunate to have my mother living with us, and if I order something I don't want him to see, I just put it in her name. He would never open a package addressed to her :)