A New Swap - 1/24 (or 1/2") scale

chesterfieldzoo

I cannot imagine how thin the paper was to make the origami bird, much less how tiny the fingers that folded it!  Eerything is gorgeous!

I use regular origami paper. The birds were folded from one-half inch square pieces of paper. :)

• Like 2

I use regular origami paper. The birds were folded from one-half inch square pieces of paper. :)

Did you have to use pointy tweezers for the folding? Hard to believe it could be done with human sized fingers, even with talon-like fingernails

• Like 2

Did you have to use pointy tweezers for the folding? Hard to believe it could be done with human sized fingers, even with talon-like fingernails

I use my hands/fingers, no tools. They are too small for tools I've found. It just takes awhile :)

• Like 2

Twinkle is also in awe. She does origami as a hobby and can't imagine doing it that tiny. She's going to try it this weekend.

All the swap items are lovely as well. Gifted artists you all are.

• Like 1

Twinkle is also in awe. She does origami as a hobby and can't imagine doing it that tiny. She's going to try it this weekend.

All the swap items are lovely as well. Gifted artists you all are.

Selkie, tell Twinkle to take it in steps. Start practicing with 3x3 inch., then 2x2, then 1x1. It will be easier if she practices with increasingly smaller pieces. I'm a big fan of origami, it's very soothing to do :)

You are right on for the relaxing part ~ for Twinkle anyway. It calms her. Not me. She was invited to teach/demo origami at a craft fair back in the fall. It was quite a big deal for her.

• Like 1

Here are pictures of how I'm using some of my items. I haven't taken Elizabeth's dishes and fruit slices out of the baggies yet, but I have a spot picked out for them in one of my kitchens. :)

Thanks everybody!

post-7-0-82788600-1428793700_thumb.jpg

post-7-0-95321500-1428793717_thumb.jpg

post-7-0-61015000-1428793753_thumb.jpg

post-7-0-53238800-1428793772_thumb.jpg

post-7-0-01708000-1428793789_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Here are pictures of how I'm using some of my items. I haven't taken Elizabeth's dishes and fruit slices out of the baggies yet, but I have a spot picked out for them in one of my kitchens. :)

Thanks everybody!

Cool  :thumb:

I have different swaps I've been wanting to use in mini settings - but still haven't -

Nice to see them being displayed in your d'house  :)  

• Like 1

Emily, I love this! It all fits so well too :)

I have a question for Elizabeth...Did you make those itsy bitsy teensy lemon and lime canes!!! Talk about tiny! :eek:

I have a fiendish plan for them (BwaHaHa!) now to just find some tiny jars! :)

• Like 1