Hello from Florida

cmb12561

Hi!  My name is Carrie and I am a new member to this site as well as to "dollhouse building."  I bought a pre-made dollhouse (homemade) at a miniatures show in Lakeland, FL last year for my granddaughter and was instantly smitten.  For Christmas, my husband bought me RealGoodToys-Victoria's Farmhouse which I have yet to start bidding.  To be honest, it looks a bit daunting.

I am a mother of three and a grandmother of two with another on the way!  I am looking forward to learning all I can about dollhouse building and hopefully, making some friends along the way.

Hi Carrie,

Welcome to the forum.  I am also new to this forum and to doll house building.  You will find everyone here so friendly and helpful.  They are a great bunch.  I enjoy coming here everyday to see what everyone is working on. They are certainly a group of extremely talented people, willing to share their knowledge.

Hope to see your journey with your Victoria house.

Best to you.

Welcome to the little family, Carrie.  I grew up in West Palm Beach but spent most of my adult life in the Panhandle of FL.  We now live about  mile from Pensacola across the Perdido River in AL.

Hi Carrie and Welcome!

I'm new here too, but have been building little houses and furnishings for a few years.

Opening up a box full of pieces and looking at the page of instructions is a bit overwhelming! I remember my first time.... The actual building process is a revelation! Go for it!!!! And if you have trouble there's lots of folks here who can help!

There is no deadline for completion - just read your instructions carefully (repeatedly if necessary) and just do one step at a time and when you feel ready to do it. The building itself is great fun and is a reward all on its own.

• Like 1