Of the People

Violet2Dawn

Hello my mini friends;

I have been silent but busy since New Years.  Between snow storms I have been knitting and on Friday the 13th (Feb) I assembled doll bodies.  WHAT?  I know, I know  show me the stuff.  Look for a new album called "Of the People" and in "Miniatue Knitting"

So additions to the knitting album are in, and yes I am ready to progress down in size.  I downloaded and purchased some miniature knit patterns  and ordered in all the below zero sizes of needles, and silk, cotton and wool thread...yes thread to work with.  First up, a simple skirt. I figure since it will be mostly knitting a rectangle, I should be okay.  Pictures to follow of course.

PEOPLE....my goodness I ended up with 28 of them.  Twenty women and eight men.  The mix is old to young and in a few skin shades.  Many are from my favorite doll maker Sandra Calderon, whom is currently not producing any more doll parts due to expenses.  You will see her work in the faces, especialy the lighter skins.  I  tried  a few from another doll maker and her work is rosier, so you can tell the difference.  Some of them came in blank, and I have tried to paint their faces.  Mine are not as delicate as the others.  But all the arms, legs, hands, heads and bodies were put together, then wrapped with soft fleece scraps and craft batting scraps.  I tried to make differnt body types, and heights.  There is still painting to do of shoes, faces and other details.  Most need wigs or hair and all are naked right now.  I am sorry if any one is offended by the body parts painted on the women, they came that way.

I have chosen to work with the customers for Vlad's Blood Bar first, but may veer off course.  Vlad is the guy on the far left of the picture with all 8 male dolls shown.  The women are picked out of the closer shots in the album.  I plan to make Elvira, Mistress of the Dark,  Vampira, Lily Munster, Morticia Adams, Bride of Frankenstein, Samantha Steven of Bewitched and possibly the Wicked Witch of the West, (did I miss anyone?).  It is going to be ladies night at Vlad's!  To make this happen I have to darken the eyebrows and lips of the dolls, and maybe even dry paint them lighter.  Then all the long black locks go on, probably after they are dressed.  I have many pictues of these characters printed out to use as guides.  Of course there will be pictures along the way for all of you to enjoy.

Thinking about it, I may have a few naked peeps in another box, I will have to look for them tomorrow. They may be in a state of mid dressing, hummmm.  Treasure hunting tomorrow during the snow storm.

Well Enjoy my Pretties...and look out for your little dogs.

• Like 1

Good to see you back . You have surely been one busy lady since you were here last.

Just so you are aware, the forum has had some server changes and several down times over the last couple of weeks.

Yesterday the entire system crashed and pictures posted into albums during that period are having issues.

Dean has advised us that there will be some more down times to finish addressing all the issues and get the system running well again. Here is his last note about the crash. Just thought you'd want to know in case something went down just as you have posted all your pictures.

Can't wait to see all your customers. You always make such lovely dolls and your outfits and hairdos are always so lovely.

Thanks Selkie....I will check the album.  I know my internet was super slow last night but I attributed that to the razing storm and high winds. 

Holly....just but a doll kit...I think MiniKitz has some that are fairly inexpensive.  Then you could practice!  But I bet you could do it without direction, you just need some parts.

I can make the parts, I just got started doing full body sculpts and jointing them but they don't pose that well, and I noticed making my 1:24 little people with only partial body sculpts and chenille stem upper arms and legs that they're a lot more poseable.

• Like 1