Hi I'm new and I need help!!!

jjix

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and the doll house building game.

I have just inherited a 20?? year old Pierce doll house that has lain in bits in the box in an attic. My Uncle very kindly brought it over on the plane using his luggage allowance......The wood is quite damaged as it has been damp at some point and the stair way is completely useless to build, most of the wood has shredded.

Can any oner either Provide me withscale plans or a template so I can jig out the bits, or no where I can buy a replacement sheet 22 & 23.....Or even a constructed one.

Please help

Best wishes JJix :)

JJix -- Welcome to the forum. I have not built the Pierce, but you have come to the right place. :) Much help is available from the talented people on this forum.

:)

:) Hi there! Sorry to hear about the condition of your poor Pierce. I think that Greenleaf lets people order individual sheets, but I'm not absolutely positive about that. As far a stairs, you can always just buy preassembled commercial stairs or even stair kits. I haven't ever build a Pierce, but I know that several people on this forum have successfully built them. You might even post your question on the "questions about a specific dollhouse" section to get their attention, in case they miss it over here. Good luck!

Karen

Hi JJix :)

I have done the Pierce about 21 years ago and have just purchased another to replace the one we sold way back then. Hopefully to start in the next month or so the new one.

Personally, I think it is best, if you are able, to purchase a double banistered set of stairs. I am going to be purchasing the curved staircase with the double banisters.

The stairs included with the kit take up a huge amount of floor space and also are very rough looking. The spindles in the staircase are flat, which is something you really don't see in a staricase. Also, they give the living room somewhat of a closed in feeling where if you used a purchased one, the room would be a lot more "airy" feeling and also open up floor space to put all kinds of extra goodies. It all depends on the look you want in the end. But for a few extra dollars, I think you will be happier in the end.

Good luck and I'm sure you will find this forum very useful...I've been only here a couple of days and have had a lot of help from quite a few people.

Marlene

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and the doll house building game.

I have just inherited a 20?? year old Pierce doll house that has lain in bits in the box in an attic.  My Uncle very kindly brought it over on the plane using his luggage allowance......The wood is quite damaged as it has been damp at some point and the stair way is completely useless to build, most of the wood has shredded.

Can any oner either Provide me withscale plans or a template so I can jig out the bits, or no where I can buy a replacement sheet 22 & 23.....Or even a constructed one.

Please help

Best wishes JJix :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jjix, try contacting the Greenleaf people at the factory at Telephone - (800) 253-7150 and they should be able to help you with replacement sheets and instructions.

Great! Another "restoring a Pierce" person!!!!!!! I, too, am restoring my Pierce that I have had since 1983. Yes, you can get sheets from Greenleaf for about $6 a piece, which you have to be careful...not all the pieces you need may come on just one sheet! Do you have the schematics sheet? That will help you determine what parts you need on which sheets etc. I bought some 1/8" wood type material at Lowe's for very little money (under $6) and cut my own parts. They were 2 feet by 6 or 7 feet long!) I also added an addition onto my Pierce and have about 9 rolls of film that still need to be developed of pics taken during this restoration project!! It must be something to have a Pierce that someone would go through so much trouble to bring you. Keep us posted!

• 1 month later...

:D Hi JJix!!

I'm in the process of building my Pierce. It has been a challenge and everyone at Greenleaf has been helpful. I too had to purchase additional sheets for my house as it was an Ebay purchase that wasn't in the best of shape. If I had a scanner, I would scan my plans for you!

Don't know if I can be of any other help to you but take a look at my Webshots and you'll see how far I've come (in a year). This is the longest I've ever worked on a house due to a new job and family issues!

Anyways.......good luck, and let me know if I can help!

Kim

I got my Pierce from my granddaughter Kaitlin. I stripped everything off and began again. I added a door between the kitchen & living room. Didn't have a front door and hated the french doors, so I replaced them. A didn't like all the room the stairs took so I replaced them. This was quite an undertaking for a first project, but worth it. See what I did at http://community.webshots.com/user/lampladylinda

I got my Pierce from my granddaughter Kaitlin.  I stripped everything off and began again.  I added a door between the kitchen & living room.  Didn't have a front door and hated the french doors, so I replaced them.  A didn't like all the room the stairs took so I replaced them.  This was quite an undertaking for a first project, but worth it.  See what I did at http://community.webshots.com/user/lampladylinda

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow! Fantastic LampLady! (Can't call you Linda because I'll get confused, LOL!). I cannot believe the difference siding makes in this house! The design on your windows (photo #16) is FANTASTIC! I absolutely love all of the detail in your work, including the gas and electric meters! Did you do the curtains in the livingroom? Those are great!

Hi jjix!!

You'll be really happy w/ the Pierce- it's my favorite Greenleaf house! I'm just wrapping up construction on my Pierce, actually, and I agree w/ everyone else- the staircase from the kit is a lemon. I built the whole thing and then realized how much space it wasted and how dark and crowded it made the 1st floor seem. I bought a spiral staircase instead and just stuck it in- a perfect fit!

Hi Linda!!

I viewed your version of the Pierce and thought it was wicked!! I really like the shingle siding on the upper portion of the house- and the colors are great, too. You brought it back to life! I put the same staircase in my Pierce- I couldn't believe how well it worked in there.

-Lauren

welcome to the forum eskimodog4

but really if you come in a start "bragging" about your goodies ya really should post a photo! :lol:

Im teasin!

glad you found us!

Im looking forward to seeing your revamped Pierce.

nutti <_<

I, for one, would love to have you do us a tutorial.  Can't know too much about mini window treatments  <_<

I'll echo that same sentiment! Love the way the sheers look and would be thrilled if you'd share your techniques.

Deb

I'm just wrapping up construction on my Pierce, actually, and I agree w/ everyone else- the staircase from the kit is a lemon. I built the whole thing and then realized how much space it wasted and how dark and crowded it made the 1st floor seem. I bought a spiral staircase instead and just stuck it in- a perfect fit!

Hi Linda!!

I viewed your version of the Pierce and thought it was wicked!! I really like the shingle siding on the upper portion of the house- and the colors are great, too. You brought it back to life! I put the same staircase in my Pierce- I couldn't believe how well it worked in there.

-Lauren

Once again, the wise words of the members of this forum have saved me a lot of time and frustration. <picking up the pieces of the Pierce staircase off my work table and chucking them over my shoulder into the scrap box> I saw the spiral staircase on minatures.com and thought it was gorgeous. Now that I know it's perfect for the Pierce, I'm heading off to grab one.

What would I do without you guys?

Deb