help! krylon sealer not setting!!

jujurodgers

I am really confused. I have been making molds for furniture elements, then casting pieces with a 2 part plastic mix. I then paint with acrylics which stick well and dry. But when I get the krylon spray (clear satin metal wood wicker more) it won't set up!!! I would understand if i were just spraying on plastic but this makes no sense as the krylon works on acrylic paint on top of wood. Would the plastic actually somehow mix with the acrylic in some chemical way to prevent the krylon from setting up and remaining tacky? 

Wonder if it could just be a bad can? I had a can of black that would never dry and it was just over wood. I put it outdoors in the sun (summertime) and fussed around for a couple of weeks. The guy at the paint store said that once in a while a can is a bad batch and doesn't have enough of the japan drier added to it.

Don't know if that is the same for sealers or not but as soon as I got a new can, all was well again.

thanks!!! well it dried just fine on wood pieces painted with acrylic, as well as on polymer pieces i painted. I wondered if because the can is old there is not enough of the right mix left? Just baffles me that it would somehow intereact and not set!!! a lot of tiny paint detail wiped away with acetone now!! argh!!!