Exterior Stone size on half scale house

dwcole7

Me again....  :please:  Help!! LOL  I have decided to make the exterior of this half scale house like an old block stone. But, how big do you think each block should be? I have been looking, but I am only finding sizes for cinder blocks. Do you usually eye ball it? Or do you have it based on the real life sizes and scale them from there. My block sizes are 3/4 inches by 1 1/2 inches  Thank you for your help again!!!!

Wendy, you might want to cut those measurements in half, at least. 1 1/2= 3 feet in real life. 3/4= 1 1/2 feet. That's pretty big. If you cut the measurements in half, you will have a block that is 3/4= 1 1/2 feet(18") by 3/8= 9". What house are you working on? That might help us visualize what you need.

Wendy, you might want to cut those measurements in half, at least. 1 1/2= 3 feet in real life. 3/4= 1 1/2 feet. That's pretty big. If you cut the measurements in half, you will have a block that is 3/4= 1 1/2 feet(18") by 3/8= 9". What house are you working on? That might help us visualize what you need.

Here is a picture of the house I am working on. Yeah I thought my blocks looked more like one inch scale.  That is what I have always worked on. Thank you for your help!!!

post-5373-0-35808700-1424716013_thumb.jp

Casey is right. Sometimes with half scale you can increase the size of stone, etc slightly but not that much. I tend to want a lot of realism for the scale so I always check the conversions. 9x18 is going to look a lot more realistic.

• Like 1