Miniature show in Phoenix, AZ

There is a mini show in Phoenix this weekend. I plan to go, but wondered what to expect - I can't find a lot of information about it.

Any ideas?? Mostly displays, mostly products, any lessons or workshops or .... ???

Just curious - it could be that every show is different and no one knows...

....but you guys are all so smart about this stuff, I had to ask ;)

Joanne, I haven't been up to Phoenix for a few years. It is usually a good mix of dealers and displays. Not a huge show, but I always find a few things that I can't live without. I am sure that you will enjoy it!

I attended 2 years ago when I first got involved in miniatures.  I met some very creative artists but it was a rather small event.   It's worth checking out though.   I won't be able to make it this year but have fun if you go and let us know about your experience.

woot!! I am down...my son says this is a reasonable bus ride for me and the grandaughter! :clap:  :carrot:  :clap:

ooo I cant wait..tyty for posting this information. 

and you definatly should go to Aunt Ems while over that way. the store will probably be open.

but Id say she will be at the show...that is the group she belongs to putting it on!

you get to join that group by invitation if they have opening...it is a BIG group!

:peace:  

today my daughter came with her niece Lexie who is a budding dying to be miniaturist(12)

we took Pixie(10) happy to be out of the house with Lexie her bestie to the show....they spent a good half hour to an hour working on their projects...room in altoids tins...those ladies doing the show have it going ON!!! Catriona and I were able to go look at everything at least once....there were about 50 vendors with all kinds of awesomeness...I of course want to buy it all that I actually got very little...sigh... when the girls were finished they got to shop at 2 long tables set up just for kids and they are super strict about it :dunno: ....both girls had 10$ to spend and I think Lexie got something good for 4 rooms and filled a good size bag including a flower stand kit and a paper lithograph house kit she got for 25C...I told her if she felt she could not do it I would do it for her because it is a victorian probably 1/4 scale SIGH,,,me wanny big time!

and almost half the vendors had clearance stuff and stuff for kids...so they spent their 10$ and had ALOT to show for it!

the 1/144th scale was sooo lacking...maybe 3 or 4 items on display...and nothing in kits or that scale...BUT I got some new tools...I got 2 pairs of very thin pointed tweezers one straight one curved....and a very thin stylus...when I was working on the Gingerbread mansion I was begging myself for something better to work with...because I fully intend to stay with this scale....I also got a kit in each scale....not of the same thing...lol...in full scale I got a stairstep planting/potting table...in half scale i found a delicate writing desk and chair and Lady Di yelled MINE!  in 1/4 scale I found a hutch so sweet and delicate...perhaps to be used in a full scale house...I dont really have a 1/4 scale house...but I didnt care cuz it was just too cute and on clearance! :clap:  I did splurge and buy each girl a glass of lemonade and cookies on a tray. and of course I had to have a couple...and some cane for cookies...found Hello Kitty and something else....it was a good day and I am tired...I will try and load the pictures but the last few days all my pictures too big to load? and I do not know how to correct that...probably my new camera....always something! :doh:

• Like 2

If the show wasn't So far away I probably would have gone back today. So many of the vendors were saying they would have more / different stuff today.

I also went to Auntie Emm's yesterday...some good stuff, but didn't buy a lot. I will go back though!!!

• Like 1

.... I will try and load the pictures but the last few days all my pictures too big to load? and I do not know how to correct that...probably my new camera....always something! :doh:

Put your pictures on the computer and open them in MS Paint. Save a copy if you want the best quality for reprinting when a magazine comes along and wants to publish you. Then, click the Resize button and set it for approximately 800x600 pixels for ease of uploading here on GL. If you enter 800 in the highest number that shows, it will automatically scale it for you to be the right size.

Most of the newer digital cameras take pics with very high numbers which are great for printing high quality pictures but not so great for computer viewing.

Here's a screen shot of MS Paint with the pixel window open and set up for the optimal setting for you to copy.

post-2708-0-71396600-1425264608_thumb.jp

HAZZZAHH Selkie....I did it....posted photo of the girls gifts...they had such a good day...little Lexie is dying to build a house

if only she didnt live an hour away...

is there anything I can do to the camera to change the setting or will I have to resize each pic I want to put in gallery?

Some cameras have settings that can be changed but I doubt they go that small. You'll have to read your manual for that because every one is different. Also,if you did ever want to print snapshots, you'd want the better quality ones for that so probably resizing is the better choice overall.