Hi my name is Jodie and I am new to this site.  I recently bought the Garfield Dollhouse Kit.  I started it in December and got totally carried away with it.  I decided to adjust the my dollhouse by adding a basement to it.  This might be pretty ambitious for a first timer but I figure dream big.  I am looking forward to reading tips and to seeing what other ideas everyone is coming up with.  I started a blog for friends and family at www.jdsdollhouse.com  if anyone is interested in checking it out.  I would love to hear thoughts and comments.

Thank you Cathy.  It's been trail and error as this is the first time I have done anything like this.  I am so excited.  I am constantly reading through other peoples blogs, and tips.   This forum has been a huge help so far.  After creating my blog I got brave and decided to join this forum as well.  Reaching out to others who are interested in the same thing is a huge help and having support while building a dollhouse makes all the difference in the world.

Reaching out to others who are interested in the same thing is a huge help and having support while building a dollhouse makes all the difference in the world.

I agree, and this is a great group of people.... Very helpful and supportive!

After five posts, you can start a gallery here to share your photos. After fifty posts, you can start a blog here.

Welcome to the little family, Jodie.

Corwin built a basement onto his Garfield.  He also divvied the basement into rooms, including  wine cellar, and coffered some of the ceilings upstairs.

Hi Elishma,  You went with the big one.  I almost went with the Queen Anne.  It's a beautiful house.  I was so impatient waiting for my house to come in the mail.  Just FYI  the world of miniatures is addicting.  Bon Voyage on your new journey.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I am mine.  Can't wait to hear  about your journey.

Hi I'm elishma and I'm new to the community-I've never built a dollhouse but just bought a queen anne dollhouse kit as of yesturday. excited to get started in the world of miniatures :)

Welcome to the little family, elishma.  Feel free to ask questions.