Ever used regular wallpaper in your dollhouses?

Mimajo

It will largely depend on the scale of the pattern it has as to whether it will look right. We've used it successfully but judiciously.

• Like 1

I've seen RL paper used in miniatures to wonderful effect. Try it!

I did one house with RL sized paper in one room and really liked how it looked. It was a bamboo leaf pattern that was very soft and it worked well. Another house I saw had old fashioned roses. It was lovely :)

Using RL wallpaper?  Of course, if I like the way it looks, all the time; the prepasted borders quite often work quite well, even oftener:

gallery_8_1103_188519.jpg

gallery_8_1103_196265.jpg

I also used this one in the McKinleys kitchen.

gallery_8_76_56973.jpg

Upstairs and down.

• Like 2

When our Yankee One Dollar store was closing, I bought quite a few rolls of the border paper they had. They had a clearance and so many of them looked like they could be used either just as wallpaper in a dollhouse or as  mural for a dollhouse wall. I have not used them yet, but there was one I had planned on using in the Newberg that I haven't built yet. You can never have too much stuff on hand for minis (can you?)!

Love your uses of them, Holly! My favorite colors are in blue tones, so, I really like the blue with the picket fence! Then again, that Ivy print is pretty cool, too.

... You can never have too much stuff on hand for minis (can you?)!

...My favorite colors are in blue tones...

Never!  I love blues and greens, they make me hear bits of Beethoven's "Pastoral" symphony.  One of my "trademarks is that (with very few exceptions) my front doors are blue.  When the time comes to repaint our front door I'm going for dark blue.

When my da first built me my house, I used the leftover wallpaper from our real life kitchen. It was actually correct scale. I would have left that when Helen and I did the reno, but it was badly stained.

I did :)  My Mom had some of those books that have wallpaper samples in them and I found this print and fell in love.  It's not finished, but you can see the print works perfect in mini!

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/uploads/gallery/album_6129/gallery_4134_6129_3040363.jpg

• Like 1

You can just use regular wallpaper paste from the hardware store.

One other thing, be a sure you have primed your walls before putting on any paper. It will make removal easier when you do your next renovation and, most importantly, the tannins in the wood won't be able to leach out from the wood and stain and ruin your pretty paper,

I've never used real life wallpaper on a dollhouse but if it looks good and in scale, there wouldn't be any reason not to. I've used Contact shelf liner paper for wallpaper on a dollhouse before. It all depends on how it looks.