Hi all , I am a returning member of the dollhouse world.  when my daughter was about two my mother gave her a doll house kit, which I had to build and furnish.  took awhile and I loved it. fast forward 30 some yrs when I was immobile from knee replacement, found pinterest, a friends mini album and was totally in love AGAIN. 

OH my the possibilities nowadays, the tools I did not have long time ago.  I could see using my cricut, a scoring tool, the dremel tool, embossing folders and the big shot even a paper punch or too. if I could have moved, I would have jumped up and down.  

when I healed tho I went back to normal routines and all my other hobbys.

I had sent off for a Greenleaf kit though that I got on ebay for $20.  it sat around and around.   Finally this winter and the bonechilling cold. I pulled it all out.  redid a simple house from garage sale($5) into witches cottage, just need to thatch the roof.

and that Orchid house is out and ready to assemble. going to add an extra room on the right side and may change the stairs a bit.  this new/old hobby has really got my mind reeling with excitement and possibilities.

Welcome to GL forum. And welcome from another TKR member. I'm about to have my second one done this month. Sure helps the quality of life when all the pain goes away.

Sounds like you already have some great ideas. Trust me, more will come and soon you'll be dreaming in minis. It is an incredibly addictive hobby.

After you have made 5 posts you can open up an album and start sharing your ideas and keep a log of your hits and misses, so to speak. We usually remind folks that the instructions in the GL kits say to use hot glue but Don't !! It's not strong enough and doesn't last over time. Choose a good wood or tacky glue for construction purposes and pick up some painters tape to use for dry fitting your Orchid. It really helps to see it before you plan your decorations and discover potential issues and concerns before the glue is dry!!

Good luck with your build.