Bathing Suit Season.....sigh

Debra from Olde Cape Cod

Okay, glutton for punishment here....tried on bathing suits at Walmart yesterday.  Who are these suits made to fit?!  Do any of you ladies know a good place to buy a swimsuit that fits a woman who is not necessarily girl-sized?

Last time I purchased them it was at Sears or JC Penny and they had separates for those who are not a one size fits all. For instance when it comes to tops and skirts or dresses with jackets usually the jackets need to be a size larger.  Ok back to the swim suit, I was able to pick up swim shorts and a top that still was stylish but that I was comfortable and didn't feel like I was showing off too much. Also they had them in every style and color so I was not stuck with something I would only wear at home.

Oh I sympathise. I hate getting bathers on (swimsuits). If you want to spend a little more and are prepared ro buy from the UK, I have bought mine from Debenhams. They have a gorgeous range and also a brand ironically called Gorgeous for larger women. I LOVE their brand Floozies.

I love the name Floozies!! North America has a new brand called Curves and it's plus size...bikinis. Now even when I was a skinny young skater and I had the bod, I did not have the self confidence for bikinis. So sure not gonna wear one at a size 18/20! 

Just received my new bathing suit from Swimsuits for All!  Great fit, great fabric and none of me was hanging out anywhere! :)  I got one in their Longitude line --longer in the body.  I just bought the same size as the jeans I buy and it fit perfect.  Thank-you all and give them a look see.

Unfortunately, I have this blotchy ugly benign skin condition on on my legs and have had multiple issues with skin cancer so my bathing suits actually consist of a tankini top and colorful leggings for bottoms. Leggings made for swimming can be hard to find so I was hoping the Swimsuits for All site would have had some, but they don't. It's hard having a beach cottage when you have to cover your body to enjoy the beach.

I wear shirts and long zip-off pants for paddling that even if I have to hop into the water (or roll the kayak) my clothes dry fairly quickly, and some variation of that is what I sometimes wear to the beach when I want to avoid the sun

holly, long zip off pants? Where can I find those?

Yes.  Academy Sports & Outdoors sells them under the "Magellan" brand; I also find them here: http://www.rei.com/search.html?ir=q%3Awomen%27s+convertible+pants&page=1&q=women%27s+convertible+pants&version=sif  Google "women's quick-drying zip-off pants" and feast your eyes.