Resin Jewelry

Interesting stuff! Who knew plastic could be so versatile? I kinda like the third one in the front, it makes me think of winter pines. Would be nice to have so I could ignore my least favorite season: summer! I'm a little weird in that sunshine and heat make me depressed, but rain, clouds, cold, and snow make me so happy!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been hooked on making jewelry when I am not working on minis.... I am really enjoying making resin goodies... here are some bracelets I made.... all in various stages of being finished :)

I'm guessing that you use molds to create the bracelets. I wonder about those molds that someone found for using melted hot glue products in. They withstand heat, maybe they could stand the chemicals that create the resin products. Maybe it was you that found them. I still have brain fog from this surgery and can't remember half the things I want to. sigh ...

• Like 1

How are you doing Selkie... been thinking about you.....

Yes... I use molds for the resin jewelry.  There are several kinds... the silicone ones are the best, it's easy to remove the cured pieces and they come out with a nice shine.... (but they are EXPENSIVE!) ... there are also hard plastic molds... these are cheap, harder to get the cure pieces out of... and you have and they come out with a matte appearance... I am still learning though.

How are you doing Selkie... been thinking about you.....

Yes... I use molds for the resin jewelry.  There are several kinds... the silicone ones are the best, it's easy to remove the cured pieces and they come out with a nice shine.... (but they are EXPENSIVE!) ... there are also hard plastic molds... these are cheap, harder to get the cure pieces out of... and you have and they come out with a matte appearance... I am still learning though.

Thanks for asking Kelly. I'm just as impatient and stubborn as ever - can't wait to be done all this helpless business. Hate being the patient and not being able to do everything for myself. Ack-k-k. The good news is that I'm about 2 weeks ahead of how the healing schedule went in Nov/Dec so that is good. They used some different medicine during the surgery part that reduced swelling, blood loss and bruising so it has put me more mobile sooner. It has been wonderful. But, me being impatient me, well, I just want to be done with it all.