Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

1896 posts in this topic

Spring Cleaning time!!

I fell behind in deleting the old posts in the old topic. After deleting 10 pages (one post click at a time) I decided it would be easier to just start a New Topic for these links.

We have this section because after 3 months, most of those links no longer work because eBay takes them down. Because of that, we thought it would be good to post "eBay eye candy" links here so that every 3 months we can delete the broken links.

Please do not confuse this section with the Community Trading Post. We are not posting our own links to our own auctions in this section. From this point forward, any new topics started for "eBay & Craigs list links" will be removed. Any topics with ebay & craigs list links will be moved to this section. Please post them here to keep the forum clean and tidy.

Thanks everyone :wave:

5 people like this

This San Franciscan could use a bit of a rehab. 

Oh, that poor, pitiful SF500! 

Wow, Melissa- someone really did a number on that SF!  :(

This one is interesting......

https://baltimore.craigslist.org/art/5263880961.html

For $20 I might have to check this one out!!

https://reading.craigslist.org/tag/5248328449.html

When we were visiting DS#2 last month he took us to the B&O museum in Ellicott City.  I guess it's a good thing I didn't know about that house!

https://lancaster.craigslist.org/atq/5266600133.html

This one is my favorite, however!  Seriously?  "Amish" dollhouse???  ROTFL  Guess they thought that by tacking on "Amish" it would sell quicker!  o.0

I don't know about "Amish", but it is certainly no "antique" either!

1 person likes this

A lot of different styles there.

Thank you, Chris (I think); I shall most definitely show this one to DH; I couldn't help noticing both the BH and the FF kits!

Well,  we went.  The house is actually in Bon Secour.  All the HoM kits went out with a lady who got there first, but I did find one Houseworks Duncan Phyfe dining table kit and a couple of boxes of smaller kits in bags that the Pink Flamingo people gave me a box price for.  I did find a Mott's shop manual, such as I have been hunting forever, and I met still another miniaturist who likes to scratch build and got her to check out the one Helen Ruthberg book there.  Of course I was inviting people to join the forum left and right.  There were several years of Nutshell News in binders plus boxes and boxes of other miniature magazines.  All the time I was thinking, This is what my kids will get to go through when we're gone.

Both the house kits had ben opened and then sort of shut with tape, so I passed on them.

Edited by havanaholly
adding info
1 person likes this

Glad you found something useful. It did look rather good on the photos....

I'm not really sure how they staged those photo, the house was crammed full of goodies.  Both the couple apparenty were into the hobby, there were miniatures and supplies and tools in every room except the kitchen, including the garage.  Whilst we were there were two other ladies scarfing up miniature items.  One left before I could tackle her, but the other one, who is apparently a scratch builder, and I were pawing through the books together and I invited her to join us here.  The one that got away got the three HoM kits, but I managed to dig down and find a Houseworks kit for a Duncan Phyfe dining table and a Chrysbon kitchen range kit. I wound up with a couple of plastic boxes full of accessories kits and some 1:48 kits for furniture and accessories, and a Motts furniture shop manual (minus the color pages).  The house kits had been opened and resealed, so no way to know how complete they were, and I kept seeing that stack in my workshop!  I don't know if anyone went back yesterday.

1 person likes this

Am I the only one bothered by the "$1" come on in the header on that First Lady?

Holly, I think on Craig's List you have to put some kind of price before you can list the item and people know a high price will keep a lot of people from even looking at their ad. So they do the $1 thing. It is irritating, but if you are listing an ad for an estate sale or something similar, It's easier to list all the items in one ad and put $1 for the price than it is to list each item in an individual ad with the price you want for it.

Anytime I see $1 for something on a Craig's List post, I know it's not going to be just a dollar.

I guess truth in advertising doesn't apply to Craig's List, etc.

It doesn't, but like I said, when I see the $1, I know it's probably going to be more than I can afford, so I don't bother looking. I ran into a lot of that when I was looking for a hutch and now for an armoire for my real life room. I see some real bargains, but there can be 12,000 or more listings, so I always set the price from lowest to highest and stop when I hit about $75. The first page or two is always $1 prices.

The other thing that's irritating me is that people will post an item for $1, and then tell you it's in an antique shop or something and not give any price. It's one of the ways you don't see things on Craig's List, along with no pictures or no measurements.

There's a Brinca Dada Emerson on craigslist, $100, in the Puget Sound/Seattle area. It is used, but belonged to a collector, not a child, so it's in nice condition. If I had any extra cash I'd buy it, but I don't, so I'm posting here. :)

1 hour ago, mellifera said:

There's a Brinca Dada Emerson on craigslist, $100, in the Puget Sound/Seattle area. It is used, but belonged to a collector, not a child, so it's in nice condition. If I had any extra cash I'd buy it, but I don't, so I'm posting here. :)

Link?

1 person likes this