Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

3 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

That house is huge and heavy. I'd give a lot to know how they think they can ship that for only $100.

Maybe they know someone in the freight biz. :D

11 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

That house is huge and heavy. I'd give a lot to know how they think they can ship that for only $100.

11 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

Their feedback is 0, so they'd probably appreciate your advice. 

They must think $100 will be enough. Yikes.

Done.

If they already have the shipping figured out, great. But they have it listed as "standard shipping, USPS first class package", so I did tell them my concern. If they decide to pull the auction, I know I won't be popular with a lot of people. LOL We'll see what happens.

It sounds like they're new to eBay. I gave them a few options and also invited them to the forum if they decide to keep the house. I know the other bidders won't be happy the auction was ended, especially if the bidders thought they were getting that house for only $100 shipping, but I hate to see people lose so much money on something like that. I think as they are new sellers, the bidders should understand (I certainly would) and I hope eBay won't give them a bad time for ending the auction.

4 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

It sounds like they're new to eBay. I gave them a few options and also invited them to the forum if they decide to keep the house. I know the other bidders won't be happy the auction was ended, especially if the bidders thought they were getting that house for only $100 shipping, but I hate to see people lose so much money on something like that. I think as they are new sellers, the bidders should understand (I certainly would) and I hope eBay won't give them a bad time for ending the auction.

You have done your good deed for this week. That good karma will come back to you at some point. I'm glad you contacted them. If you didn't I was going to. So don't feel bad for the bidders. They'll have another chance if it gets relisted. It wouldn't have been nice of them to take advantage of a new seller like that anyway. :D 

P.S. You guys are so observant, I didn't even notice that they were new until Elsbeth mentioned it.

10 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

Neither did I, and I have a confession to make. I wouldn't have thought of contacting them if Elsbeth hadn't said anything. I think the good karma should go to her.

Agreed. Good karma deserved by Elsbeth as well. :D

1 hour ago, 1martinimomma said:

Does anyone recognize this house?  I am thinking about buying it, but the seller doesn't know the manufacturer or the name of the house?

https://houston.craigslist.org/tag/5941499253.html

The dollhouse store they bought it from sells dollhouses from other companies and they manufacture and sell their own.  Here's the link to their website 

http://www.mydollhouse.us/

Hi Cathy,

Thanks for your reply.  She said she called the store and it's their own plan.  I already have the Beacon Hill and a San Fran 555 with similar turret style, so I am thinking about bashing it and making it look more like a farmhouse.  I am trying to get it for less, it doesn't matter how she paid, we all know dollhouse resale is much less.  We will see, she had it on Craigslist since January.  I will let you all know if she accepts my offer.

Again, thanks for your help!

At first looking at the pictures, it looked like MDF but now looking closer I think you are right it's plywood.  I asked and she sent me a picture of the of the windows and doors and they are definitely the Housework brand.  I am going to give her an offer of $150, but I doubt she accepts it. We will see tomorrow.

I found the house I bought on Craigslist on Robin Carey's blog.  I bought it this morning for $150!

It's a  Lady Anna, Assembled Dollhouse by House That Jack Built HJBV187.  Here is picture from Robin's blog spot.

The house started out as a “house that Jack Build” Lady Anna or Ashley model. To capture the open airy feeling I needed, I cut 9 extra openings from the original design for additional windows and doors. More natural light coming into the rooms gives them the relaxing warm breezes feeling. The exterior is a crisp clean white with an accent of the color “sea glass”, a very trending color right now.

I chose not to use the original Mansard roof, but create a tower for watching ships out in the gulfstream. The laser cut trim in the design of a ship’s wheel defines the space with a nautical flair. The tower really opened up with the additional windows for a scenic view.

IMG_0317.jpg

31 minutes ago, 1martinimomma said:

I found my house on Robin Carey's blog.  I bought it this morning for $150!

It's a  Lady Anna, Assembled Dollhouse by House That Jack Built HJBV187.  Here is picture from Robin's blog spot.

The house started out as a “house that Jack Build” Lady Anna or Ashley model. To capture the open airy feeling I needed, I cut 9 extra openings from the original design for additional windows and doors. More natural light coming into the rooms gives them the relaxing warm breezes feeling. The exterior is a crisp clean white with an accent of the color “sea glass”, a very trending color right now.

I chose not to use the original Mansard roof, but create a tower for watching ships out in the gulfstream. The laser cut trim in the design of a ship’s wheel defines the space with a nautical flair. The tower really opened up with the additional windows for a scenic view.

IMG_0317.jpg

Just for clarification: Did you buy Robin's house or the kit? 

Edit: never mind. I just read your post above.