Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Geez, I leave for a couple hours and look what I missed!

Here is the Craig's List house:

00T0T_lHRpC434hU3_600x450.jpg.aeaf5ce4b1

Here is the Maplewood:

1004Maplewood.jpg.78a638e26139fd39036f48

The only differences I can see is that the base on the CL house extends beyond the bay window and the base itself is a little higher. The gable on the CL house is also larger. It could be that the Maplewood house has been updated over the years, but it could also be a different house. I'll poke around again in my catalogs and see what I can find.

The Victorian house is a house designed by Noel Thompson and built and sold by Mr. Peepers who used to own a store in Seattle. We call it the Mr. Peepers house. It's a nice house and was pretty pricey when it was originally sold. The one that I saw was made out of 1/4" wood.

Jenn, yeah, that's exactly what I wanting, but I really am not driving to Portland for a $30 house. It will be ages before I have a place large enough to display the whole house as I'm planning it anyway, so I don't have to hurry in getting the second half. And those houses seem to be a dime a dozen up here too. One will show up. I could kick myself for not going to Olympia, though, and getting that $50 Simplicity house a couple weeks ago.

1 hour ago, rodentraiser said:

For me in Washington, it says the cost to ship the Arthur is $39 and it's $45 to ship the Heritage. &^$#*& Good starting prices, though.

Meh, shipping will get you everytime... :rolleyes:

Unless they made interior walls & stairs removable, however were they planning to finish off that interior, and why in the name of heaven do people install the windows & doors before doing so?

20 hours ago, fov said:

At least in this house the windows have not been glued in. Hopefully the way the steps are sitting I hope they haven't been.

On 4/7/2017, 2:02:06, rodentraiser said:

Geez, I leave for a couple hours and look what I missed!

Here is the Craig's List house:

00T0T_lHRpC434hU3_600x450.jpg.aeaf5ce4b1

Here is the Maplewood:

1004Maplewood.jpg.78a638e26139fd39036f48

The only differences I can see is that the base on the CL house extends beyond the bay window and the base itself is a little higher. The gable on the CL house is also larger. It could be that the Maplewood house has been updated over the years, but it could also be a different house. I'll poke around again in my catalogs and see what I can find.

The Victorian house is a house designed by Noel Thompson and built and sold by Mr. Peepers who used to own a store in Seattle. We call it the Mr. Peepers house. It's a nice house and was pretty pricey when it was originally sold. The one that I saw was made out of 1/4" wood.

Jenn, yeah, that's exactly what I wanting, but I really am not driving to Portland for a $30 house. It will be ages before I have a place large enough to display the whole house as I'm planning it anyway, so I don't have to hurry in getting the second half. And those houses seem to be a dime a dozen up here too. One will show up. I could kick myself for not going to Olympia, though, and getting that $50 Simplicity house a couple weeks ago.

that house in Sierra Madre on Craigslist sold earlier this week for $50 - I tried to get it but someone else beat me to it - neat house though isn't is?

3 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

Well it is spacious...but holy cow it needs to be repapered!! That scares me. But that is a lot of house for the money.

The ceilings need finishing and I see a lot more than just wallpapering..

2 hours ago, Samusa said:

Awesome shell.. it's huge.. no idea what house it is.... but if I lived near it I'd be all over it like white on rice. :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wooden-Doll-House-/282428101870?hash=item41c206d4ee:g:awIAAOSw3utY641s

Oh, my goodness. That house is a beauty.  Wish I lived in PA, it would be in the my garage in no time!

6 hours ago, shannonc60 said:

Looks like it got wet and the paper wrinkled.

Yeah i definitely saw some water damage in there. Tempting since it's a lot of house and for cheap but yikes. That house is a long way from being "nearly finished"