having problems gluing acitate windows to window frames

mer

I apparently cut my acitate too narrow and I am having problems getting it to stick to the wood so I simplycut a very narrow piece of paper and glued it down on the  window on the edge and I finally got it on  but these are the double hung windows is there a frame that goes inside? otherwise the paper will show are you supposed to paint the frame over where the Windows have been glued on ? the directions with the kit are not very clear on this.. it would be easier if like the dormer windows ir had a  frame that went on the inside so I am confused, it won't look very good if where the plastic is glued in it it not covered up   can anyone help

• Like 1

What windows are you using? Did they come with the dollhouse kit? (If so, what kit?) If you could post a picture that might help us visualize the problem.

If the window doesn't come with an inner frame to cover up the seam, you could make something out of strip wood.

sorry this is an orchid doll house the the acitate windows that came with the kit don't give you enough space for the glue to adhere, I have on the parts where there is not enough room I have glued on a narrow stip of paper on the back side of the window to make it adhere I think that should work  but how do I cover up the paper can I paint it  these are double hung windows so it does not look like these is a casement on the interior side   will take picture tomarrow.

I'm not sure if my pictures will help, but here's how I did the Orchid windows: http://www.emilymorganti.com/dollhouse/orchid/nov.html

Each double hung window has two rectangular frames that are each half the height of the window. You glue the acetate to these, and then glue one window on the exterior wall at the top of the hole, and the other window on the interior wall at the bottom of the hole. This gives the double hung effect. If you glue the acetate to the window frame, and then glue the window frame to the wall, then the edge of the acetate should be sandwiched between the frame and the wall, and not visible.

Then there's also a larger rectangular trim piece with a sill, that goes around the entire window. This is not what you glue the acetate to. You need to paint the area around the window the same color you painted these window frames, and when the larger piece of trim is glued around the window, that painted area looks like a window frame.

Also look at Kathie's post here, she explains it well: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=34726&p=555121

I'm not sure if my pictures will help, but here's how I did the Orchid windows: http://www.emilymorganti.com/dollhouse/orchid/nov.html

Each double hung window has two rectangular frames that are each half the height of the window. You glue the acetate to these, and then glue one window on the exterior wall at the top of the hole, and the other window on the interior wall at the bottom of the hole. This gives the double hung effect. If you glue the acetate to the window frame, and then glue the window frame to the wall, then the edge of the acetate should be sandwiched between the frame and the wall, and not visible.

Then there's also a larger rectangular trim piece with a sill, that goes around the entire window. This is not what you glue the acetate to. You need to paint the area around the window the same color you painted these window frames, and when the larger piece of trim is glued around the window, that painted area looks like a window frame.

Also look at Kathie's post here, she explains it well: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=34726&p=555121

Great explanation Emily and Kathie. I'm about to start an Orchid and can't tell you how many times I've read over the window construction.