Clubs. To join or Not to join

KariW

I have said to my club members time and time that they saved my life. I was going through something terrible and I jumped into going to their meetings to used it as my "get away" soon I was part of their family. I love my group and love NAME. I don't get to their Conventions that much but I love hearing about them and going when I can.

Miniatures are about sharing and having a hobby that you jump into and seriously learn something new everyday.

NAME is wonderful organization. You will not get spammed with emails. You do get information from time to time. Newsletter and "What's Happenings" ever so often. If you get their online yahoo group emails you get a digest once a day. 

So if you have a chance to "test" out a miniature club, I say go for it. They could be friends for a life time. Remember they share you passion and love of miniatures.

I am a hands on and a face to face person. So it works for me. But I LOVE my online world too. 

We are having our retreat this week and we go to a state park and have a huge room and each person has two six foot tables and we work on our miniatures for four days. Nothing but miniatures, food, laughter and friendship.

Don't miss out on a opportunity to meet wonderful people and make friendships that will last a lifetime.

• Like 5

After I get my work room finished Im going to join name. Even though the one and only local group says it's closed. Apx. 1.8 miles from our new house is the home based business of BJ miniatures who specialize in 1/4 scale. Apparently they are a husband and wife team and active in Name. Their home isn't a place of business but it's nice to know that other miniaturists are close by since my state is a dollhouse dead zone with no shops to speak of. They are exhibiting in Chicago I believe and are offering a new kit in 1/4 scale that is so cute I may have to test out 1/4 scale. It's called the Tuck Box, a tea room in Carmel CA that I've had tea in :-)

• Like 1

Love that Tuck Box but I've not even successfully moved to half scale yet. Wish it came in a larger scale but I understand their focus (which is a much needed arena so not complaining here - just commenting)

Quarter scale is adorable but I'd probably crush the pieces to smithereens with my big old clod hopper hands.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...