Lighting? wires or battery operated.

KatieM

Hola, Yarela, bienvenido al foro. Recibirá más respuestas si puede traducir sus preguntas al inglés y utilizar una aplicación de traducción para convertir las respuestas en inglés al español. ¡Buena suerte!

Hello, Yarela, welcome to the forum. You will receive more responses if you can translate your questions into English and use a translation app to turn the English responses into Spanish. Good luck!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I just finished a DIY yaquan courtyard house. It has 17 lights,two wires per light that hook up to 1 battery pack. Nothing to indicate positive or negative on white wires. How do I connect all these wires? Lost on what to do. Thanks ,hope someone can help me.

4 hours ago, Pondmama said:

I just finished a DIY yaquan courtyard house. It has 17 lights,two wires per light that hook up to 1 battery pack. Nothing to indicate positive or negative on white wires. How do I connect all these wires? Lost on what to do. Thanks ,hope someone can help me.

Hi,

Your lights are LEDs?  Does the battery pack have one red and one black wire?

My advice is to put batteries in the pack and one at a time try each light.  Separate the wires on each light so you have enough room to touch wire ends to the battery pack wires.  If it lights up, mark whichever wire is touching black with a black permanent marker.  If it doesn't light up, switch the wires.  Make sure it lights up the other way.

Continue with each light, marking all the black.  You won't hurt them if you touch wires the wrong way, they just won't light up. 

I've used many battery-operated lights to my satisfaction. I would just add that not all battery-operated lights are created equal - I've been very disappointed in some super dim ones, and then I've purchased some that are bright and downright fantastic! The "3rd generation/super bright" ones from www.miniland.ca have been among my favorites for brightness.