Newbie from Nashville

xxbriexx

I'm Brianne. Originally got on here for help in selling a Marquam Hill Mansion kit because years ago.... I bought it as my first kit. I opened the box and decided miniatures weren't for me. But being on the forum has kind of sparked my interest again. But maybe interested in some advice on an appropriate beginner house?

I'd recommend the Corona Primrose. It's a great starter house because it gives you an introduction to all the components without overwhelming you. Greenleaf sells it on their Corona Concepts page.

Welcome to the little family, Brianne.  Why not go to the Greenleaf site and take a look at the house kits, and see which one calls your name?  If the larger kits intimidate you, the Buttercup and Sugarplum Cottages are lovely small houses.  If you go with the Primrose later on you might add it on to a Laurel.

Hi Brianne, welcome! I'm a couple hours south of you. I'm new at this and just finished up the Primrose. I did raise the attic (with foam board) so I could use it as a full room. I also like the greenleaf "web exclusives" that you can find on their company store site. These are smaller buildings that were used for Spring flings. You can see pictures of past Spring flings in the Gallery to give you an idea of the kits' versatility. I saw your gallery with some pictures of your larger house so you may have decided to go ahead and start that one. Regardless, this is a wonderful place to learn. Folks are unselfish in sharing their expertise, and refreshing in their honest feedback and support.

Welcome to the forum, Brianne! Glad to hear you changed your mind about selling that Marquam Kit. My first build was a large kit (which is still not finished) but there really is not that much of a difference in building. The only thing that usually happens is that as you progress over time you want to change the things you've already finished because you start seeing the infinite possibilities. 

Whatever you choose to build - enjoy!

I don't know, I only ever see the Nashville one listed for TN....

Debra do you know where the flea market is in Bristol?  If you are heading from Bristol to JC right before the turn off to Elizabethton it is on the left.  There is a lady there (I don't remember what building, but it's on the lower half) who has a dollhouse shop!  She has tons and tons of stuff!  I have bought lots of minis there and all of my "The House of Miniatures" kits.

Other than that of course I shop the tiny dollhouse sections in Michael's, Hobby Lobby, and Ben Franklin's in Kingsport :)

• Like 1