Oil paintings

I needed a large painting for a big empty wall so bought some bigger brushes ( I had previously only tried some mini paintings). After I finished the ( very large) canvas I just kept going. Love love love painting :-) I'm using water mixable oils and acrylics. These are a few I've done recently. They are Twilight in the Garden at Giverny, Grandmas Lilacs Before a Storm and The Ghost of the Millers Daughter.

post-185-0-36705200-1429372213_thumb.jpg

post-185-0-28934800-1429372235_thumb.jpg

post-185-0-22730800-1429372259_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

I actually sold that one Holly, one of the few times I've ever actually sold something I made. A friend of mine saw it and it spoke to her of her fathers passing. I think we see what we want to see sometimes.

• Like 2

To me it was just a couple of trees that seemed too tall and a path I was struggling to make look like a path and not a log, so I was happy she found something more in it and was glad to pass it on.

Karin, they are lovely! Your use of color is beautiful!

The Lilacs is wonderful, I like the hint of fantasy with the lighthouse, and the water in the birch painting is amazing. They are all very nice! :)

• Like 1

Thank you all so much :-) I'm so glad you like them, it's something I discovered that I love to do, much like I discovered dollhousing so many years ago. Going from mini to real life size painting seemed daunting at first until I realized mini was actually harder lol, so maybe it's good that I started with mini.

Plato: Necessity is the mother of invention. 

I'm glad to see you have been keeping yourself busy with such an amazing new skill!! You are so talented...I want the Ghost of the Miller's Daughter.  I have a cross-stitch kit in my stash that looks very like it.

Thanks Kelly:)

The ghost of the miller daughter, that ones my daughters favorite too. The reason she is a ghost and therefore invisible....is because I tried to paint her having a picnic on the little hill and I finally gave up and declared she's there but you just can't see her :) I like all the greens in that painting it's kinda moody. Thank you:)

• Like 1

Tracy the garden one is my fave too :)

I just think it's fun to see these, this is the progression for the lighthouse one, not including the final one that I already posted above.

post-185-0-58611400-1429493317_thumb.jpg

post-185-0-92997100-1429493325_thumb.jpg

post-185-0-38324300-1429493337_thumb.jpg

post-185-0-33650800-1429493348_thumb.jpg

• Like 2