The Land of Lincoln!---Illinois for all of you who didn't know

HC-130

Hello all, My name is Danielle.  I have found myself in a world i am not familiar too, all by accident.  My dad picked up a dollhouse at a garage sale for like 40.00.  All the furniture, the box was unopened.  My mom, looked at me and told me to take it.  All the parts, all the furniture...and i just have to put it together.  I never new there was such a cult following for all of this!  The more i look the more confused i get!  I am sure i will see you all on the forums from time to time! 

PS. It's a Garfield.  (i think i am in over my head)

Welcome to the forum! We are glad you are here.

You have started a wonderful and magical journey and we will be here to help at any time.

Has the Garfield spoken to you as you have 'looked'? Has it given you any hints of what it might like to become?

Again, welcome!

Welcome to the little family, Danielle.  Several members began with the Garfield.  You are not in a race with anybody, dollhouse building and finishing (did I really use that "f" word?) takes as long as you need it to.  I have been working on a much smaller house kit for nearly a year and I'm still nowhere near done, but I also make all the stuff I put into mine (except this one's family is a group of 1:12 Barbies from the 1970s that needed a home and new wardrobe).

the house has spoken to me oddly enough. But I have so many questions I need to keep it in ground idol and wait Until I get that far. my daughter wants it to be pink! I seem to be obsessed with flooring and wallpaper. Lighting...no lighTing? So many questions!

My personal favorite Garfield that I have gotten to see in person is Matt's:  http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&album=4989  His color scheme blew me away.  He lives in downtown NOLA and there is a house on his street with the same color scheme.

My NOLA geography is woefully deficient!  Merci for the correction (hanging head and scuffing toe).

No need to apologize. New Orleans has some quaint nomenclature as well as eccentric pronunciations of names: BerGUNdy, CALiope, AuGUStin, plus faubourg = neighborhood, and so on. I'm tickled pink that after a decade I've come to know the city a bit. Being surrounded by Lloyd's relatives, who have been there forever, has helped tremendously.

Counting our visit with y'all I have been to NOLA exactly twice, and heaven help me if I were suddenly snatched up and plunked down in the middle of it; I'd be totally lost!

Yes ... but being in the middle of NOLA, you wouldn't care about being lost ... you'd just go with the flow and have a grand time. :D

Yes ... but being in the middle of NOLA, you wouldn't care about being lost ... you'd just go with the flow and have a grand time. :D

That I would; we had a wonderful time visiting with y'all!  Danielle, Google New Orleans French Quarter houses and San Francisco painted ladies to get ideas for color schemes.

As usual I'm late to the party, nevertheless: Welcome to the forum, Danielle. Don't worry about the time it takes to build a house - I haven't finished the one I started with - 'cause everyone here makes me do other stuff! distracts me with other ideas...... hahahahaha

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

the house has spoken to me oddly enough. But I have so many questions I need to keep it in ground idol and wait Until I get that far. my daughter wants it to be pink! I seem to be obsessed with flooring and wallpaper. Lighting...no lighTing? So many questions!

Here's a pink one that's veeeeery pretty!

Pink Garfield

Scroll down a bit.

Edited by BriJohn

• 4 months later...