New Chick from Tennessee

Well, technically I'm from MD, VA, CO and currently in TN... although moving to Germany at the end of the year. Lol.... my husband is in the military if that's not obvious now. I am 25, no children, 911 Dispatcher, and newbie to miniatures! I just finished assembling the Orchid, and look forward to learning lots!

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum, Jessica! :welcome: I was born in VA, named after a town in MD and currently live in TX. :) Germany will be awesome--definitely get the scoop on the miniature exhibits to see when you head that way!

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! I've learned so much for my next build just by reading all of your posts! Wish I'd found this before starting my Orchid, lol, but it's been a learning experience nonetheless! And you're all right.... there are some amazing miniature exhibits to be discovered in Germany ;)

• Like 1

You'll love Germany. Watching history come to life in front of your eyes is something not to miss. Travel all over as much as you can possibly afford. It's the chance of a lifetime. We traveled via military sponsored buses for very small $$'s. Slept on the busses half the time rather than spending $$ for hotels. The up side is we got to see and do everything that was available. Trains are another economical way to travel over there. Enjoy yourself.

• Like 1