Breathtaking art installation

Selkie

Found this breathtakingly beautiful art installation video clip. Its called Unwoven Light. If you google those words you'll be treated to dozens of gorgeous still photos of the exhibit.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Here's the video link.

Soo Sunny Park: Unwoven Light:

• Like 3

It would be lovely to walk through it. This exhibit was two years ago in Houston. I wonder if it will be exhibited elsewhere.

I've been hunting for a new showing. I was aware that clip was 2013. Only found a physicist lecture on the potential "wave" speed it would create if real. (btw, 118 mph I think it was). If anyone finds a current showing, please post it.

Just came across this. She is a teacher at Dartmouth college in NH and will be the artist in residence at Cheekwood Art and Gardens in Nashville in July 2015. Wish I lived near there.

http://www.cheekwood.org/Art/Martin_Shallenberger_Artist-in-Residence/Soo_Sunny_Park.aspx

Just came across this. She is a teacher at Dartmouth college in NH and will be the artist in residence at Cheekwood Art and Gardens in Nashville in July 2015. Wish I lived near there.

http://www.cheekwood.org/Art/Martin_Shallenberger_Artist-in-Residence/Soo_Sunny_Park.aspx

Oh my word!!! I travel to Nashville several times throughout the year and had no idea this Historical house and garden existed.  My best friend and I are always trying to find hidden gems to visit and I can surprise her with this one.  Thanks so much for sharing!

In a small way this reminds me of the time the freshmen on my floor (I was an honor resident in the dorm), taped strips of toilet paper to the ceiling of my room as a prank. Floor to ceiling, it looked like a solid forest of white seaweed swaying in the slightest breeze. Instead of taking it all the way down, I shortened the strips to various lengths and left them for a while. The result was an undulating ceiling that was as soothing as waves on a beach. 

• Like 1