Son Being Deployed.....

I'm sure you are having every emotion in the book right about now. Pride, joy, concern, worry, even fears. Hope you know that is all natural.

We are all here to listen and support. We are here for anything you want to share.

Many hugs and prayers, Selkie

• Like 1

Debra, as a mom I dont even know what to say my heart is so tender for you. As an American I am filled with gratitude. I will pray for him and for y'all.

• Like 1

Thank-you all so much for your kind thoughts and prayers.  Doing laundry today to keep busy, but hard to know I won't see him for a long time.  He is my Christmas boy, and I'm glad I went wild with the decorations when he was here at Christmas.  Bought him a long sleeved t-shirt that looked like santa's coat, so he will be bringing Christmas cheer with him at Christmas.  We're hoping we can Skype with him--it would be great to see his face.  Something fun that happened, we checked into the Hilton in Baltimore cause that's where he was going to be staying.  When he got there later in the afternoon, they said they didn't have his room ready.  He spent time with us in our room and we took him to supper.  When we returned, the gentleman at the front desk apologized for not having his room ready and said, "You know what, I have to upgrade someone today, it may as well be you!"  He laughed and handed the key to the JFK Presidential Suite to Ben up on the top floor!!  It was almost as big as our house!  I took a video and we all laughed at God's provision for him.  What a nice send off, will remember it forever.

• Like 3

Skype is a wonderful tool, my husband just retired from the Air Force after 26 years. His first deployment I stayed home every day for the same two hours every day, just waiting, in case, and he'd have to stand in line for an hour to use a phone, his last deployment, when I couldn't find the vacumn cleaner bags I pulled out my phone and face timed him. Our grandsons actually would pull out an iPad and face time on their own, I didn't even know they were doing it, till I walked in on them one morning.

All that hasn't changed that you still feel the pain of worrying, my thoughts are with you.