warped flooring sheets

jbnmini

OK, so this topic has most likely been discussed before....if so- could someone please send me a link to the thread because I'm not finding what I need!

So I have been using the flooring sheets for my Ellwanger House rehab....and the 3rd floor bedroom flooring is just too warped for me to stand it!  It was stained and varnished and weighted down for days/week....but it remained rippled.  So I thought once it was glued in that the ripples would lay flat. NOT.   And now I found a few ripples in the living room flooring as well! Argh!

So what now?  Remove them and try again?  Or does someone have an idea for a quick fix?

If there's a lump between two boards, could you slide an Xacto knife between them and slit the paper backing? Maybe then you'd be able to shove the two pieces flat next to each other (especially if you're able to get a little glue underneath them through the slit).

I was wondering if the paper backing might not promote warp?  I have a couple of those sheets I haven't used yet, wondering how it would work to remove that paper backing.

Maybe the backing came loose because they came from an old batch that the glue product had given up the ghost and thus the wood never actually adhered. I wondered about taking it off too. I never have but I've been tempted to try it.