Hello from Washington State

Hi Greenleaf Community -  Several months ago Debra From Olde Cape Cod invited me to join this forum.  I found and immensely enjoyed her work on Pinterest.  I have only built one dollhouse completely from scratch (kit).  It is a Greenleaf Arthur, that a friend gave me after she'd had it for many years unmade.  She found she wasn't a dollhouse enthusiast, can you believe it?!  This house has been through 2 incarnations in the last year, a regular house and now Santa's  house.  

Most of my houses have been "rescues".  I buy rundown "properties" and fix them up.  I guess you could call me the dollhouse rehab addict.  My best haunts are second hand stores and garage sales.  My favorite project so far, has been turning The San Franciscan (by Duracraft) into a steampunk house.  In the past I've bought and sold (or donated for good causes) 4 houses.  This past year I started working on dollhouses again and my house is filling up  with minis.  To say they bring me joy is an understatement.  I've been a crafter my whole life and this is the best!!!    sage  minis

I realize I posted the wrong name on my Edwardian Steampunk house - it is the Allison Jr. by Real Good Toys.  The San Franciscan is my seaside home with a contemporary  family living there!  Oops. . .

Welcome to the little family, Karen.  Since so many Greenleaf kits continue to be built using hot glue and then fall apart, I have begun taking these poor, unwanted babies into my workshop and rehabbing them into something I'm willing to play with.

Welcome to the forum from another Washington State resident.  I started working on miniatures after discovering a miniature store kit at a thrift store.  This hobby started with the fun of the hunt and the joy of a good bargain, but now it really is becoming more about the build and the creative process.  Love the sharing that takes place on this forum.   

• Like 1

It's fun to keep hearing from enthusiastic miniature people.  I have one friend that is into all this but mostly everyone thinks I'm a little bonkers.   Thanks again for all the welcomes.

Besides nobody here thinking you're bonkers, this is the only place where you can tell everyone that you look in the mirror only to see what whiskers to pull out that day - and people understand. OK, well, hopefully you're not that old yet...LOL

• Like 2

Thanks again for all the welcomes.  And thanks to Debra especially for prompting me to find out about this community and join.  I can tell it is going to be a fun! ride. . . 

I'm not sure if in this last year I've been just bitten or possble or bombarded by a swarm of bugs!  I started posting pics yesterday , will be gradual process.  Thanks for the welcome. 

You're right - was in a checked floor phase with those first houses.  I've also opted hree times( now  that I think of it) - to red front doors.  Ironically my real! home has neither of these traits.  

• 4 months later...

I've been to  the Renton store - a bit unusual as part of a locksmith store - but has very interesting bits, mostly vintage.  .  The Edmonds store has consignment as well as new items.  Both stores are a visual delight.  

Great - just to be on the safe side - call first  at both stores.  - occasionally hours are irregular.    Also the store in Renton - I think it is A-1 Miniatures -  is cash or check only.   And yes - money is always the issue -otherwise I could go nuts!