Haven't been on in ages

Just One More

I have not been on the forum in ages. I had run out of room for building and have 12 finished houses and two unfinished. I started collecting dolls again for awhile.  I miss the building and will have to just do the lighter weight Greenleaf houses if I add any more. I'm working on another Westville, one of my favorite houses.  I have three Jeffersons and a Willow finished. I had all my houses l furnished but got two new kitties that will not leave the furniture alone so had to box it up.   My other  two kitties never bothered it.  I may get some rigid plastic and make the houses enclosed in back.  That's not as nice as just having them open though. Maybe when they get older they won't be so interested in the houses.

It looks like there have been more changes on how you post and all. I never got used to the old way and am just awful on computers so hope I can figure it out.  I have a lot of pictures in the gallery here from before. I never learned how to add any with the first big change in format ages ago.  I'll just be reading  a lot  and looking at pictures of what everyone is doing.  I have a few of  the Real Good Toys houses that  were fun to build but they are  just too heavy for me now.  I donated three to our church thrift store last year but kept all the furniture so won't have to buy a single thing  for any lighter weight houses  I do.   I have a lot here to catch up on.  :wave:

• Like 2

Oh, Pat, I'm so glad to see you posting again!  I have missed you something fierce.  What new dolls have you added to your colletion?  than to local thrift stores I found a porcelain Oliver Hardy and an antique china doll.

Welcome back, Pat. I wondered what happened to you!  You know, you could always switch to making the 1:144 scale houses. They are very light and you can display them inside the larger houses.  :)

• Like 2

I have a half scale Jefferson to put together.  I built the Fairfield about five years ago and sold it but still have the furniture. I wish they would make the Fairfield in 1/12 scale. I love the floor plan.  I have so  much furniture, wallpaper  and accessories for the 1/12 scale I'll just stay with them.  The dolls I have collected take up too much room. The biggest ones are 23" My Twinns which are now no longer made. I also have a lot of American Girls.   I should have just kept busy with my minis because they allow you to be so much more creative than dolls. :)

• Like 1

Thank you all for your welcome.  I have two houses to  finish before I can assemble my half scale Jefferson.  I don't know if I'll like half scale as much as 1/12, mostly because I have boxes of furniture and accessories for the 1/12 and am so used to working with it.  Won't have to buy anything new for quite awhile.  I'll have to look at all your pictures to see what the half scales look like all furnished.