Taking offers on my Walmer French Victorian

Cable_guy

Thanks to the great members in this community forum and the help and information that was given I have been able to identify a dollhouse that I recently came into possession of.

It is a 1970's Walmer French Victorian,

I have posted some pictures in the gallery of the house and some of the furniture.

The house and the furniture do show signs of age and use so I'm not claiming any type of condition.

If anyone has any interest in this house or the furniture please send me a message with any questions and/or offers, thanks for all the help.

The weensy cast iron kitchen range is missing several parts, but looks a lot like one of the salesman's samples that were popular at the start of the last century and late in the preceding century.  I hope you find all of it loving homes.  Maybe one day youll find that you really want miniatures as a hobby (I was 50) and hopefully by then this forum will still be here for you.

• Like 1

Holly, sorry I have not replied sooner.

Yes it is missing a few pieces, of course I don't even know what goes where because I have a plastic container just full of small things.

I hope I find a home or homes for al of it too as it is now just sitting in my kitchen taking up a bunch of space.

My younger boys want me to keep it and turn it into some sort of military outpost!

I'm just not sure if I want to do that yet, I figure I will keep it available to someone to make me an offer I can't refuse for a few more days and then decide what to do with it, I do know that if its not out of the way soon I think I might get sent to some outpost far away just for bringing it home....

My younger boys want me to keep it and turn it into some sort of military outpost!

This sounds like a grand idea!  What a great way to encourage creative play!  We built a "super hero headquarters" for my sons when they were little & they spent many happy afternoons letting their imagination run wild with it.

Many years ago, my first DH and I visited a brick and mortar dh store.  The owner told my hubby that if a man gave his wife a dollhouse, he would never again have to wonder what to get her for Christmas, birthday or anniversary.  He was a very wise man IMHO.

• Like 5

The owner told my hubby that if a man gave his wife a dollhouse, he would never again have to wonder what to get her for Christmas, birthday or anniversary. 

Truer words were never spoken!

• Like 1

DH started me down this primrose path (actually with the SF555 kit we found in the bottom of a pile of sporting goods when a new Sam's Club opened up in Tallahassee when we first moved to Havana).

Many years ago, my first DH and I visited a brick and mortar dh store.  The owner told my hubby that if a man gave his wife a dollhouse, he would never again have to wonder what to get her for Christmas, birthday or anniversary.  He was a very wise man IMHO.

*sigh* although I have more dollhouses than I know what to do with, my husband has never given me mini stuff for a b-day or christmas gift. But, he does help me look for mini things when we go to thrift stores, and he never complains about how they're all over the house.

Well I think that it might be fun to do something with this house, as a matter of fact I was trying to get some ideas and so I watched the movie saving private Ryan the other night and got an idea on how to do it, it may be a little bit more of a darker side of how doll houses are typically done but hey why not turn it into a manly hobby?

If nobody has any other interest in making me an offer I think I will break it down after the holiday and store it away until I'm ready to do so, thanks again for all the help and all the info and ideas.

• Like 2

Good on you, Clint!  BTW, a lot of people build haunted houses, and there's still no reason not to let your wife in on the fun.  Oh, and Jeremy, Greg, Ron and Peter are just a few of our very talented members whose work you might want to check out.

• Like 2

, it may be a little bit more of a darker side of how doll houses are typically done 

I LOVE dollhouses w/ a dark twist! I think it started when I read The Dollhouse Murders as a kid. I made a room-box depicting Buffalo Bill's basement in Silence of the Lambs, which is pretty dark.

• Like 2

Sorry I have not replied sooner Holly, shamrockgirl, Sable.

I had to have a slight surgery and just kinda gettin everything settled down.

So wow, buffalo bills basement?

That definetly puts a dark twist on something, that's cool though.

I have not even checked any albums yet so I'm sorry but I will do so over the next few days/weeks.

And Holly that would be a great idea to let my wife in on the fun " if I had one " LOL

Anyways I just wanted to take a minute and get on here and let everyone know that I did manage to get the dollhouse all broke down and put away for awhile,

And I did also happen to stumble upon yet another doll house!

What is going on?

Except this one I don't need to ask what it is because it says so on the box!

I will post it when I can.

Thanks again everyone.

Ok but really, please someone make me an offer on this house so I can get it out of here.

I'm gonna be moving in the next couple weeks and the less I have to move the better for me so if someone wants this house send me an offer, even if you don't want the house make me an offer anyway....

Thanks again everyone.