Marquam Hill Mansion

krnbear11

This is my first kit.I am building the Marquam Hill Mansion with no problems until now...The tower! I meticulously cut all the molding pieces, glued the pieces into the columns. somehow I am about 3/4" off from it fitting around the hexagon floor properly. Re-checked the directions, pieces and measurements for the 50th time ughhhh!  Everything is perfect. Can't figure it out Ughhh!  Not sure if anyone here can help, I figure it's worth a shot. Thanks in advance :)

• 5 weeks later...

hmmmm its been a long time since we did our tower....

did you pre build the tower before placing it in its place...I seem to remember the instructions say to use tape to put it in place and I think then we added our beams...

good luck it is a challenging but GORGEOUS house when complete...

• 1 year later...

And the exact same thing happened to me today. I was just looking thru the topics to see if anyone else had had the same problem. Glad I'm not the only one but if anyone else checks this thread in the future...I had to add tiny pieces of thin wood for a shim to close the gaps and get the tower to glue to the octagon floor.