Timberbrook products coming back

mollymmoore

Quick wish list: Garfield windows (since all of mine are 1980's vintage and some of mine are broken), pocket doors, folding stairs.

Welcome Myra! Thank you for reviving Timberbrook! :D

Are there any half scale components? If yes, I'd love to see those back in production. :)

Also if you have a product list that you can post for us, that would help people see what the options are and maybe give us a better idea of what to ask for. If you have one, feel free to post it in the Community Trading Post (without prices, per the rules).

• Like 1

This is awesome! :woohoo: I learned about Timberbrook when I was researching upgrade/replacement windows for my Pierce rehab, so I would love to see those.

Thank you for keeping this company alive for our addiction hobby!

ETA: My probably way-out-reach dream would be windows that work in an Arrow Royal Dream. There are 32 of them and they're almost all odd sizes. I'm really not looking forward to making them all from scratch.

I love my closet doors. Keep those coming!!! Also, pocket doors!!!!!!!!!!! The folding stairs are really neat. I have no idea what else was in the Timberbrook line, so I can't say what else I would love to have. Oh, and if  you have a website you can put a link in your signature.

I am so happy you checked out the forum and joined us, please have a look around and post in the gallery when you can!

Okay - so it was a while ago that I asked about alternative windows for the Pierce.  Of course I was told that they are no longer being made so didn't go look.  Now that I have my new house about to be on the go - the Chantilly, I'm really keen to have a good look at what products will be stocked!

Any kind of premade windows and doors for 1/8" die cut houses. It seems that most have casings for 3/8" walls, so you have to shim, take it apart and remake it, whatever. I have heard that some company made window upgrades for the Westville? Was that Timberbrook?

Pocket doors sound very exciting. Folding attic stairs sound very cool, too!  

Yes, the French pocket doors, please! I found some online and emailed the seller, but never heard back. So I assumed that web page is an old outdated one. But I have the exact wall to put in the French pocket doors and if I know they'll be in the line up, I'll cut the opening for them.

And thank you!!!!

Pocket doors! Yes, I grew up in a house with them, so I love them. My aunt's brother came to live with her when their father died. He's in a wheelchair, because as a child he had polio. So they modified some things in their house to make it easier for him, pocket doors being one of them.

Timberbrook products have always fascinated me...and I decided on my last house I would use the bi-fold doors. They're in a 3rd floor bath - in my Bed and Breakfast. This is where the proprietors live - and one set is for washer/dryer and the other is a linen closet. It also helped solve a dilemma with an angled roof. 

• Like 3

Kelly - I'm confident yours will be fabulous!

I also realized that I have the Timberbrook attic stairs installed in my as yet unfinished San Francisco Row House. I bought this as is, exterior finished, and I guess this is how the owners will access the huge attic!

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I think minirabbits on eBay is the only person bringing Timberbrook back and I have no idea what has happened in the last 4 years. I do know that Alessio now makes folding attic stairs and louvered closet doors, but I'm not a big fan of their products. The only thing I guess you could do would be to search for minirabbits on eBay and then send her a message. Or just do a search fro Timberbrook on eBay. I still do that and that's how I found my closet doors and my $5 Victorian door from Timberbrook.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, rodentraiser said:

I think minirabbits on eBay is the only person bringing Timberbrook back and I have no idea what has happened in the last 4 years. I do know that Alessio now makes folding attic stairs and louvered closet doors, but I'm not a big fan of their products. The only thing I guess you could do would be to search for minirabbits on eBay and then send her a message. Or just do a search fro Timberbrook on eBay. I still do that and that's how I found my closet doors and my $5 Victorian door from Timberbrook.

She must be selling off old stock, I don't think Timberbrook is in business anymore, is it? I could be wrong. They are awesome though. I have a bunch of their diamond-paned Tudor style windows and bays. I've been thinking of closet doors too. They add realism to a more modern-day house. Agreed re: Alessio. I don't want to diss a manufacturer but anything laser cut generally puts me right off. Those burned edges are so horrible to paint, and the flatness and lack of 3-D shape annoys me to no end.

Minirabbits is a great seller. Everything is always exactly as expected, and she packs well and ships quickly. Have you seen her Thornhill?? OMG it is insanely gorgeous. I don't think she'd mind my sharing this link (I hope).

You can clean the laser char off with acetone or isopropyl alcohol before priming or painting.  And I also thought someone was going to start making more of the Timberbrook components again.

• 2 years later...