Found a new website to play with - online photo editing for people that can't l- like me....

Soapz

So, I thought I share this website I found with y'all: http://www.fotor.com/

As some of you know, I print my own wallpaper. Sometimes I find a wallpaper that I generally like but the hues are 'off'. What I mean is, it looks a bit too drab or grey-ish, or too bright - something is just a bit off, you know?

I'll post a original and a recolored one to show what I mean. I was looking for an Art Nouveau paper in greenish... I found a design but let's say I didn't like the greyish? and wanted it more goldish... Then this would be the results. 

The program works easy and is definitely worth checking out for those that print.....

post-12889-0-23711100-1436713459_thumb.j

post-12889-0-25355500-1436713491_thumb.j

• Like 2

Is the program designed to print to both laser and inkjet printers?

Are you more satisfied with one or the other in it's color interpretation from screen image to print image?

• Like 1

I have only played with the hues on the website, saved the changed image to my drive and will go later to get them printed. I have prints from the originals and will compare them. What I do like is that I can give the wallpaper a 'warmer' look compared to the original classic look. I did not change the resolution.

The print is very close to the original (image on the left) - and I hope that it will be the same for the changed one.  I will see how it comes out. 

• Like 1

I'll be interested to see it too. I get totally (!!!) frustrated with inaccurate screen colors vs. what actually gets printed out.

• Like 1

That could be an issue with the monitor - or the printer. I find that on some prints yellow disappears. I did get the image printed but it has started to rain here and it's getting darker here - so with the lights on it does look a little less yellowish. I like the print though and it should work well.

The only thing I can think of is to play with the hue (temparature? ) and make like a sliding scale (+5, +10, +15 etc. ) use paint to line it up and make one print out. Determine the one you like and print these out. 

Even at Office depot they have issues with the colors - except if you use the plotter printer and those prints are mucho expensive. I get the regular 11x17 legal prints in color and that is expensive enough for me. And what is even better: if the original looks much different than their printout - I tell them that it is nor printing right and they keep the prints. I go home change the hue and give it another shot. Just make sure to have the original and the recolored ones on the same drive. I do tell them that I want one sample print to compare and sometimes they have someone who can actually work with the printer program and they reduce the red or blue or whatever color is too much.

• Like 1

Are your wallpapers printed out on 'normal' printer paper??  I think this can also have an affect - ie how much is soaked into the paper - the quality and type of paper?

• Like 1

I checked out this program.   I paid a lot of $$$ for the Corel Paintshop Pro and I have yet to figure out how to make a full 8 x 10 page of wallpaper with it!    I had downloaded and used for years another free program and when I got the new computer and downloaded the program it gave me a bad virus and killed my new computer!  Grrrr!    I will definitely try this one!   No virus problems????