Recent Status Update

I owe you this because of the friendship I've found here but I have tell you I'm leaving.......

for some years I've been living with Bowel Cancer......I have just been diagnosed with Bladder Cancer. A strangulated hernia at the weekend has just about done it for me........call me a quitter of whatever you think is appropriate and you will almost certainly be right..............but what you don't need is someone whining in a place dedicated to pleasure!

Oh I forgot........I have trigger thumb in both thumbs and working small is more of a challenge than I can take...............see I told you I'd whine!

My best regards to each and every one of you.........and I have the greatest respect for those of you who are bearing more than I in silence...........just wish I could

Mike, my heart goes out to you, and I can tell you right away I do not hear you as a whiner at all!!! Inwill keep you in my thoughts and will send you positive energy and as much strenght I can., promise! This is a place where we care for one another, a family of sorts so don't feel you can't tell us about the downs as well as the ups in life, ok?

Lots of hugs coming your way!!!

Mike, I am so sorry to hear of your health issues and will keep you in my prayers. And I don't think of it as whining, more like letting us know how you are and how you feel. I hate to see you go and hope you'll reconsider.

Please reconsider leaving Mike.

Maybe just take some time off - a leave of absence while you tend to your life's business.

You certainly have a lot on your plate right now. Prayers and best wishes for you and your family. The MD's will get you fixed up in no time.

We'll be here waiting for you with open arms.

<Hugs>

Mike, you have dazzled us with your creations and warmed us with bits of your personal life. You're a friend. Friends don't leave friends when the going gets tough. Please don't disappear completely. Even if you are not building on your own, your keen eye, creativity, knowledge of electronics and willingness to share your expertise is a valuable contribution to the forum. I hope we can look forward to your comments on our work for a good long time to come. :hug:

• Like 3

Mike, I am terribly sorry you are going through this, you have my sympathies and I will be sending prayers your way.

As the others have said... consider just taking a break... if nothing pop in from time to time as a bit of therapy from the trials you are facing in your life.  We are a bit of a family here and care about each other.... Please take care of yourself. 

Big Hugs

Mike, do whatever it is that you need to do to take care of yourself during this time. But regardless of your statement that you are leaving, don't let that stop you from returning :)

I've enjoyed your work and comments. You have my heartfelt sympathy and sincere wishes for a speedy recovery.

Mike, you have dazzled us with your creations and warmed us with bits of your personal life. You're a friend. Friends don't leave friends when the going gets tough. Please don't disappear completely. Even if you are not building on your own, your keen eye, creativity, knowledge of electronics and willingness to share your expertise is a valuable contribution to the forum. I hope we can look forward to your comments on our work for a good long time to come. :hug:

<nodding in agreement>  It can't be said any better than that.  You're our friend Mike and we love having you around.  Pop in when you feel up to it and we'll be here with open arms, some diversion if you need it, and maybe even a laugh or two.  We have a lot of members who aren't actively building but they're still a vital part of our community.  

• Like 3

Mike, my heart goes out to you, and I can tell you right away I do not hear you as a whiner at all!!! Inwill keep you in my thoughts and will send you positive energy and as much strenght I can., promise! This is a place where we care for one another, a family of sorts so don't feel you can't tell us about the downs as well as the ups in life, ok?

Lots of hugs coming your way!!!

I don't know what to say. Your work has brought great pleasure. You are in my thoughts.

I don't think of it as whining, a cancer diagnosis with a hernia on top is not the same as a hangnail. I'll just say as so many others have, please don't go but if you feel you have to take a break we'll be here when you are ready :hug:

I'm glad you found your builds to be a retreat from the struggles you have been going through. Please leave your gallery available to us so we can remember your great talent. Thanks for sharing them with us. Also, thanks for letting us know what is going on. Take care, friend.

Dear Mike, 

I'm sad to see you go. As all the others here said, you will be terribly missed, but we will be more than happy to wait until you feel ready to come back. No matter what: We will be here. 

Mike, I'm so concerned to hear what you're dealing with.  Thank you for sharing this with us.  I'm not very on top of the chit-chat thread and have been away from the boards myself recently, so just stumbled on this when i went to your profile because I wanted to take a look at your spanish villa for inspiration on something that's got me stuck! I'm a huge fan of your gorgeous work and visit it often for inspiration.  I do hope you'll consider leaving some of your pictures online even if you need to withdraw from this community for a while to focus on your health.  Sending you my very best wishes for your strength and wellbeing!

Mike, I will miss you too...but don't leave!  Even if you are just lurking, it's good for the heart, mind and soul to have such a positive hobby to think about.  I love your work too and was always showing your work to my husband and he was always impressed by your talent and innovation.  We'll be praying for you friend!

Also nodding in agreement!  Mike, I am so sorry to hear of your struggles with cancer....and it brings a tear to my eye in sympathy and in the thought of having you leave us.  You will be in my thoughts and prayers as your make this difficult journey.  Please do pop in whenever you feel able...your amazing talent will be sorely missed, and we can all benefit from whatever tidbits you are able to share with us.

Mini Love and Hugs!

Glad to see that you couldn't resist us. Thanks, Mike. I think I can say that we are a tight knit family - even though it is mostly 'only online' - and we'll be with you in thought while you deal with it. IF there is anything we can do to brighten your day - let us know.

• Like 1

Mike, I also do not consider you a whiner, and I appreciate your sharing your situation with us.  I certainly understand that your health comes first and foremost, but at trying times, you need some sort of outlet.  Therefore, you don't have to leave.  You can check in here as little or as often as you want, and you don't owe anybody an explanation as to why you need to put your hobby aside or cannot comment as often as you would like. 

If looking at other people's projects helps you relax or puts you in a good mood, then by all means stay with us.  Whatever you decide to do, just know you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Mike, I've been spouting Tracy's (Minis on the Edge) mantra in other threads, but it bears repeating here: It may be hard by the yard, but it's a cinch by the inch. Baby steps, buddy. Take your time. 

Mike, I am so sorry your are facing these physical problems - but please don't leave the forum. You don't have to post if you don't feel like it, but you're family and we love having you around!  And you can whine and complain to us all you want to  - we won't judge you, and we just might, even maybe, make you feel better once in awhile.   :bear:

Enjoy you're 1:144 build, but be careful - they can become very addictive. 

I'll be keeping you in my prayers!   :console: